Is there a good second hand market in Ruff & Tuff EVs?

I recently received an email asking if there is a good second hand market in Ruff & Tuff EVs. I know it can be difficult to source some spare parts but what is the second hand market like for Ruff & Tuff EVs?

It’s Tuf , They are a orphan with not much support. :sorry:

Our Ruff and Tuff forum has had a few hits but not much, We helped a member find a motor a few months ago, it was expensive. Parts are scarce.

This thread has recent information and may be a good read for those considering a R&T

http://www.electricforum.com/cars/ruff-tuff-vehicles-forum/10049-thanx-many.html

Rodney

There are a few X-ruff/tuff dealers around that have some parts in stock.

Brian Dean
RTD Inc.
Marietta, GA

His email is:

ruffandtuffga at yahoo

You can also haggle the Wheego company who used to be R&T

I’m studying up on programming the Curtis 1268 SepEx controller to enable regen braking to reduce wear on my brake pads.

Brian

A list of the ones that are active, that you know of, would be appreciated

Rodney

[quote=nevbuggie;31753]There are a few X-ruff/tuff dealers around that have some parts in stock.

Brian Dean
RTD Inc.
Marietta, GA

His email is:

ruffandtuffga at yahoo

You can also haggle the Wheego company who used to be R&T[/quote]

Hi Rodney

I just found this site:-

Ruff and Tuff Parts Home Page

Will add more when I find them.

I have a 2008 Hunter camo Ruff and Tuff in Northern KC, Missouri area that I’m getting rid of. Doesn’t run, but would be great for spare parts. Anyone interested in claiming it before I list it for a couple hundred bucks to get it out of my garage?

I have a 2009 R&T gifted to me by my daughter for tax reasons. We have a 30 acre ranch with hills and rough terrain and it has been a real workhorse. 2 years ago the electrical systems died and I could not get anyone to fix it. They all said NO as soon as I mentioned R&T. So I added a battery and spliced in the headlights so I could at least use it after dark. This year, the R&T started running slow going up hills and then just died. It just jerks when you hit the accelerator. Again, no one will work on it. Then I got a brainstorm and googled Oklahoma R&T repairs, since my daughter bought it in OKC. Low and behold, I found AMPED Electric Vehicles 405-495-8440. They not only repair them, they rebuild them! So I am loading up my R&T and driving 6 hours to visit my daughter and get my R&T repaired/renewed. I gave them a list: parking brake doesn’t work, cart won’t go, electric is out, cargo box rusted, windshield solarized needs replacement, plus I want to add a trailer hitch and replace the roof. No problem they said, bring it up. I will let you know how it goes, but I am excited!

1 Like