Is solar energy the future?

In my mind it makes sense to bring together the last battery technology and the latest solar power technology to allow batteries to be recharged whenever there is light? There are some cars, mostly concept cars, using this technology but it seems a no-brainer?

Yes, exactly there are only concept cars till now which runs through Solar Energy. But we can say the future might get change to the revolution of Solar cars.

There is no doubt that solar energy will play a larger role in the electric car market in years to come. Solar recharging technology is currently fairly expensive and therefore not available across-the-board although as the cost of this particular technology does fall we will see it introduced on more standard cars.

Even though many people are calling the bottom of the electric car market the fact is that we are still in a very early stage of the industry. Governments and car manufacturers have invested billions upon billions of dollars and there is no turning back. Despite the fact that some people are still sceptical of the industry as a whole it is here to stay and solar power could play a major role going forward.

The world is now actively promoting alternative energy vehicles so no doubt there will be a day when everyone is using a solar energy or at least some related applications completely running with solar power.

At this moment in time I think solar energy is perhaps best used as an addition to existing energy supplies but that should change in the future. Can you imagine if we ever get to the stage where solar panels will be able to recharge your electric car batteries in journey? That would be the ultimate in eco-friendly travel?

I like the idea of using solar power to recharge the cars, but most of the time when the cars are recharging is at night when there isn’t any light. In order to do this properly, we’d have to increase energy storage to use when there isn’t any light transmission. Another thing is, some parts of countries don’t get very much sun light but get a lot of rain. I don’t think that ONLY solar is the way, but I do feel that solar in conjunction with other things like wind power, geothermal, ect. is a good idea.

Hi FEUS

Thanks for those very interesting and very relevant comments. I think the general consensus seems to be that we are slowly moving away from our overdependence upon oil and gas although it may take a few years yet.

[QUOTE=Editor;14592]Hi FEUS

Thanks for those very interesting and very relevant comments. I think the general consensus seems to be that we are slowly moving away from our overdependence upon oil and gas although it may take a few years yet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and I don’t feel that solar farming is the way to go, I feel Solar gardening is the way to go. Small scale per house as opposed to one large system trying to collect power for other areas.

That is a different way to put it, but also very correct.

[QUOTE=Editor;14595]That is a different way to put it, but also very correct.[/QUOTE]

I was doing some research on it and 1 server farm would take about 6 square miles of Solar Panels to power it. That’s a LOT of property…

In many ways solar power has also been left behind as we continue to concentrate on oil and gas. I can remember 20 years ago they were talking about having solar panel roofs which would allow homes to be self-sufficient for energy. We are nowhere near that even today.

I think with the large scale green movement that’s helped a lot and things should be progressing fairly quickly with the updates in Graphine/Nano Technology.

Nanotechnology is absolutely amazing but there are also safety considerations because the technology is so powerful. Check out this recent article: –

What are the Possible Dangers of Nanotechnology?

[QUOTE=Editor;14604]Nanotechnology is absolutely amazing but there are also safety considerations because the technology is so powerful. Check out this recent article: –

What are the Possible Dangers of Nanotechnology?[/QUOTE]

Yup, I worked next to a company that developed things like paint and sunscreen using nano technology and they had some NEAT stuff going on in their lab.

Another thing that will be interesting is Nano-machines once they get them developed.

I feel and front my point of view i think Yes, exactly there are only ideal automobiles until now which functions through Solar Energy. But we can say that in the near future we might get chances to the pattern of Solar automobiles . . . . . . .

One thing which is becoming more and more evident is the fact that while there are other technologies potentially on the horizon, the most relevant at this moment in time is electric car technology – perhaps in conjunction with other fuel sources?

There is also a need to move away from oil based fuels as soon as possible, as demonstrated by the US government, although it will be interesting to see the timing of the actually breakthrough into the electric car mass market.