Is GM secretly testing an EV with 300+ miles per charge capacity?

There is growing speculation that General Motors is testing a fleet of EVs in Canada with a new battery technology rumored to have pushed journey capacity per full charge over 300 miles?

Has anyone else heard this rumor?

I’ve seen a lot based on the 200+ mile range, but haven’t heard anything close to solid about the 300+ mile range. Should be interesting… I wonder if they’ll release any kind of info, and if so what Tesla’s reaction will be, as it looks like they will be their prime contender at the moment.

Hi Feus

There are strong rumors that GM is testing ground breaking technology in secret in Canada. If we can get towards 200 miles per full charge that would be great and 300 at this point in time would be exceptional.

Fingers crossed.

Mark

[quote=Editor;15951]Hi Feus

There are strong rumors that GM is testing ground breaking technology in secret in Canada. If we can get towards 200 miles per full charge that would be great and 300 at this point in time would be exceptional.

Fingers crossed.

Mark[/quote]

You wont see me complaining :smiley:

There a feel good factor emerging around EVs - lets just hope those in the industry or politicians don’t do anything to spoil it!

I hate to say it, but based upon my experience and location, Chicago where I live has some of the highest taxes on fuel so we have some outrageous gas prices…

Once the EV’s take a good chunk of the market, that will mean less tax income for local, state, and fed. I have a strong feeling that with that, EV’s will have a standard flat tax (since it will be hard to account for refueling)

We get charged on EVERYTHING we do through every step of the way. I can’t see the EV’s being anything different. They will want to make back the money they “gave” us on tax credits for buying these cars.

I think the key is how quickly they introduce new EV taxes and at what level. We are already seeing EV taxes in some states across the US. If they take too much off EV drivers too quickly this could halt the recent good progress of the industry.