How many miles do you get per full charge with you EV?

Do the published figures for journey capacity relate to actual journey capacity figures for your electric car?

With a full charge (100%) right now I have little trouble getting 90-100 miles in hilly terrain. I have yet to see what warmer weather will bring but even now in 40-50 degrees my range is increasing. I drive conservatively but even if I didn’t the range would be respectable I believe.

Hi Sugarmaker

That is interesting to hear as very often we find people complaining that the expected journey capacity of their electric car doesnt always live up to expectations.

Regards,

Mark

I had researched the vehicle before I purchased it so I had a pretty good idea what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find my estimates were low.

I sometimes think that the electric car industry does not promote itself enough. Many motorists are totally unaware of the journey capacity figures.

I absolutely agree! Since my purchase I have become an E.V. evangelist! Anytime someone expresses any interest in my leaf or E.V.'s in general I give them all the information and personal experience I can. I even take them for rides if they like. The more people see E.V.'s on the road the more they will be inclined to consider them for their own uses.

Glad to hear that Sugarmaker :slight_smile:

We are actually considering starting a campaign with Facebook badges, etc where people can show their support for EVs. How do you think this would go down? We would love to see more people talking about EVs on the forum.

Regards,

Mark

That sounds like a good idea. I use F-book now to give my take on E.V."s and to repost info I find interesting just to keep people aware and thinking.

hi I’m an NEV owner… Editor asked what mileage I get… I have an '05 GEM eS which is the short bed pickup… to start the mfr says about 30 miles is the range… with the 5 hp motor and a max speed of 25mph I could go about 28-30 miles… I added larger tires… my speed increased and I may have lost a mile or two in range but got there faster… speed of 25-27… being a hot rodder and finding a deal on a 10hp motor… I really can go fast… top speed before I thought… I’m a 70 year old guy in a golf cart… was 55mph… but the range dropped a lot… if I keep the car around 30-32mph my range is still around 25 miles… I do have a cargo box on the back so have more drag and live in Denver where we have hills everywhere… I also lose mileage on cold days… my GEM is my daily driver… mostly trips to pick up a friend go to coffee and shopping average 10-12 miles per trip… usually show that I have more than half a charge left when I plug the car in at the end of the day

Bob

[QUOTE=sugarmaker;14810]With a full charge (100%) right now I have little trouble getting 90-100 miles in hilly terrain. I have yet to see what warmer weather will bring but even now in 40-50 degrees my range is increasing. I drive conservatively but even if I didn’t the range would be respectable I believe.[/QUOTE]

What I find interesting is that you totally failed to tell what your EV is and what the specs of your EV are that supports your getting your claimed mileage. I know of few EV’s that actually get reliable 100 miles per charge let alone in hilly terrains.

What EV do you have?

What I have I stated in other posts. I judge by your confrontational tone that you would most likely would not believe me anyway so really what’s the point ? If my "claimed mileage does not fit your preconcieved ideas that’s fine. You are entitled to be skeptical and I am entitled to not care.

By your confrontational response I will take it you have no EV and have no clue as to what your talking about.

I own a Leaf and converted 3 cars to electric. One being a lead acid build the rest lithium. Getting 100 plus miles will require a lithium based vehicle and will require a fairly large battery pack if you intend to drive it on the freeway at normal speeds you find in the US. If however you claim 100 miles with lead acid you are full of sh…

But since you claim nothing you know nothing.

:slight_smile:

Evidently you missed it the first time so here it is again in small, easy to understand words.
I don’t care.

electricvw … you are just RUDE… I agree if you can’t post a civil post… then don’t… this is a forum to share… not to show what an ASS you can be

Bob

Well if you had shared what kind of car you owned then maybe someone would not be rude. I could care less about rudeness. I care about truth. Gotta post for those coming in. I actually had to dig to see if you even owned an EV.
So how is life with your Leaf or did you actually not buy one?

How many miles do you have on your LEAF?

Lets keep it civil people. No need for confrontational post. Please keep on topic or I will be forced to lock the thread and/or remove the offenders. If there is a problem please report it and let the forum staff handle it.

Thank you.

2012 Toyaota Rav4ev range is about 110 miles and it seems to be pretty much right on.

[QUOTE=Rav4evforme;15096]2012 Toyaota Rav4ev range is about 110 miles and it seems to be pretty much right on.[/QUOTE]

Nice! How long have you had your Rav4 and how do you like it?

about 2 months now, loving it 3500 miles and not one drop of gas, and i charge at work !!!

[QUOTE=sugarmaker;15118]Nice! How long have you had your Rav4 and how do you like it?[/QUOTE]