How many miles do you get per full charge with you EV?

I have 2k on my leaf and also charge at work. It’s a great feeling to drive by the gas stations everyday and never have to stop!
Is the Rav4 a lease only or can you buy them outright?

Glad to hear that Sugarmaker

Hi Sugarmaker

As far as I am aware you can buy the Rav4 EV. Interestingly the first version of the Rav4 EV took over from the GM EV1 when it was withdrawn from the market place.

Is the new Rav4 EV any better?

Regards,

Mark

Yes we bought the Rav4ev it is labeled as a 2012 moel but they just came out end of year, we bough it in Feb.

It is a great vehicle !! is it an SUV ? i would say no, front wheel drive, no towing, no roof racks, no hitch ( i am going to ask, but i don’t think i can even put a hitch on it for a bike rack ).

It is super quiet, smooth, very quick, and fast. Has all the bells and whistles, heated seats, bluetooth, ipod integration, sat radio, dual climate zome, navigation, voice controls, etc…

so far so good. I think with more public charging options we will drive it more on weekends.

Still a little too chicken to drive 70 miles and HOPE that the one charging station is not being used…

Sounds great Rav4evrorme, glad to hear you like it. I would be surprised if you can’t put a small reciever on it. I can even get one for my Leaf although it says I will need to make some minor modifications to install. I still need to check to see how much mod. is needed before I buy it as I will install myself and don’t want to alter too much.
The quick smooth and strong handling qualities of E.V.'s would sell a lot more people on electric if they would just test drive them I think. I can’t imagine going back to an I.C.E. powered vehicle after driving electric!
And yes, it does take a certain amount of trust to drive near your range limit in hopes of being able to charge at a station you havn’t seen!

We build our own electric sports car Tucuxi (elektrikcar.biz) and got more than 156.2 miles in a single charge under rainy and night of highway/city drives.

Please check on the following youtube under : tucuxi elektrikcar
Danet

I just leased a Rav4 EV for cheap and I easily get 95 miles, but sence I leased it I could just do the extended charge all the time and get a easy 115 mile. I have put over 18k miles on mine with a easy 95 full ac going all the time.:target:

you need to be checked why is it happening. though i have come around a very good application on google play store. which may be benefited for you as well.
EV Charge Point App serves electric vehicle owners by providing a directory of charge points where such vehicles may be charged across the whole of London. The EV Charge Point App encourages the more widespread adoption of electric vehicles by documenting where electric vehicle charge points exist across London making it hassle free and building your confidence in using your EV across London.

95 miles maximum. it is only when you have 100% charged batteries other wise not.

Mileage in a Renault Fluence

I have owned a Fluence here in the UK since the start of the year and have covered some 1800 miles so far. Range varies according to driving and temperature but with pretty gentle driving (retired so no need to hurry) in winter I was achieving 75ish miles per charge. Now with summer temperatures I am getting a consistent 100+.

Considering the Fluence is a large and heavy 5-seater I reckon that’s very good and close to the manufacturer’s figure.

95 miles maximum… :becky::becky:

What with this 95 miles stuff? Renault’s published NEDC figure for range on the Fluence is 115 miles and I have achieved over the last five fill-ups 106, 103, 104, 102 and 107 miles. Real miles, not predicted.

Renault’s computer prediction for my next period is 111 miles and compared with the Leaf, Renault’s predictions are far nearer the mark.

[quote=pauledg;16471]What with this 95 miles stuff? Renault’s published NEDC figure for range on the Fluence is 115 miles and I have achieved over the last five fill-ups 106, 103, 104, 102 and 107 miles. Real miles, not predicted.

Renault’s computer prediction for my next period is 111 miles and compared with the Leaf, Renault’s predictions are far nearer the mark.[/quote]

computer predictions is different on different positions like if you just start up your car it will tell you some thing else and when you start your ride it will change, according to road, weather/wind position and your speed.

With my newly configured electric vehicle, 80 to 120 miles is not impossible. This happens on a highway with almost a flat surface. Also, there is less traffic when I reach the maximum of 120 miles. I believe that this is the same for all the other usual vehicles out there when they have a full tank of diesel on them.

That might be true for some and is certainly true for the Nissan Leaf but in my experience the Renault system is almost spot-on.

it mainly depend on the road condition what the road condition is.

If I drive a little too fast, the mileage comes down pretty quick but if I drive at normal highway or surface streets, mileage tends to last pretty long. But I guess this also depends on the car that everyone has and the condition their battery is in depending how long they’ve had the car. Newer batteries are having even longer battery lives so hopefully in the near future we won’t have to worry too much about it.

If manufacturers can reduce the weight of EV batteries in the future this will have a big impact upon journey capacity.

True, but what they’re working on isn’t lightening the batteries but having them go a longer range.

I own a 2013 Volt. I live in Maryland. In the winter I get about 35 miles to a charge and in the summer it increases to about 48 miles. So, in general, I have been getting better than the published mileage. My driving is over substantially flat terrain.