Instaling a Samsung SDI ESS in 2002 GEM

Installing a Samsung SDI ESS in A 2002 GEM in the rear. What do I do with the cables that used to go tp the front batteries?? Also, I am still waiting for my BMS to arrive, can I just plug in the B= an B- and have a little fun for a few days till the BMS comes in?

Thanks…

Best ask the seller. If you need to ask those questions, you aren’t up to doing this on your own.

1 Like

Okay, I will get my voltmeter out…This is the DIY forum, sorry…

1 Like

That’s a good start. Most are balanced but empty when new.
Driving a dead battery with no bms, is not remotely a good idea.

It comes down to basic wiring. You have a battery in the back and you need to get the power to the front. Follow the cables and identify where they are going now and redirect them where they need to go according to your plan.

can I just plug in the B= an B- and have a little fun for a few days till the BMS comes in?

Sure you could, but you are running with NO safety monitor and you would be taking on the role of BMS personally. Are you up to the task? Not only are you monitoring it while driving/discharging, but also need to watch it when charging it too. It is a commitment. Do it right and you will have your fun.Do it wrong and you can damage your battery. Do it really wrong and you burn your car to the ground. Park it outside.

Better yet, Just wait for your BMS.

1 Like

One that could burn the cart to the ground… which, for an 02 would be glorious.

1 Like