I'm taking a battery poll!

All very interesting! I live in Lafayette, Louisiana. Don’t know why it’s so hard to find a Trojan or Deka dealer with the exact batteries I want! I’m curious…what kind of mileage do you get with the USBattery DC31XC’s?

Looks like your nearest Trojan dealer(s) are in Baton Rouge or Lake Charles about 1 hr away. Be a nice day trip maybe?

Al

Yes, Baton Rouge seems like the easiest option!

the battery guy at my local store said he thinks US batteries are better than Trojans.

I just got 6 US12VXC for $164 a piece. seem good but we will see…they are only 61 lbs but 155 amp hours / 20hr

Susp3nc3… what year is your car… how long have you had the batteries?

Bob

its a 2002 e2. ive only had them a week lol…but the guy showed me a bunch of graphs showing the US batteries were better than the trojans. I was going to get the trojan 1275’s but he swayed me (and he had both in stock). The US Batteries are made locally to me in Corona, CA, so i thought i would just try them. They were listed as $206 at his store but he marked down to $164 since i bought 6. I will see how well they do. I was going to get Gel, but everyone told me if you property maintain your lead acid batteries they will last longer than gels. And that gel’s are just good if you are away a lot and or don’t stay on top of your batteries. Of course…everything i have been told could be wrong, but It sounded convincing enough to me.

the trojans are heavier which has me a little worried but the US batteries have higher amp hours.

Susp3nc3… I had some friends who drove a golf cart across the country… US Battery was there sponsor and I chatted with a battery rep for a few minutes while they were here… he said that US Battery was coming out with a battery that was better than Trojan… I think you made a good decision… hope you’ll keep us informed to the performance… versus your last batteries… I know we all are interested in any battery news… price and performance

Bob

Susp3nc3, This is really interesting. I do have a local US Battery dealer, and they told me the same thing about the US Battery being comparable. Any idea how far you can get on a charge? I’m just curious. Do you find that the performance is good? I realize that you’ve only had the batteries for a week, but I’d appreciate your input as to how they are working in your GEM, especially since it’s the same year as mine! I still have a while before I’ll be making the battery purchase, so please keep me posted! Thanks!

Sorry its not the battery i posted above…its actually a XC2 US Battery. I will double check again tomorrow. It is actually a 90 lb battery, and fit very nice in the e2, nice and snug (after many scrapes on my hands).

Napa sells DEKAs under their name for a lower price. Barry, Chico CA

Barry… do you know what the comparable Napa battery would be for the
Deka 8G31?

Napa #8272. I also get a discount because I belong to my AAA. Try it with your AAA.

Hello! So to be clear, the battery you got from USBattery was a 90lb Deep Cycle? I’m in the market for batteries this week and found this post very helpful. Could you please the exact part number you purchased and price paid. Thanks for the help!

I ended up getting the NAPA 8272, which is their size 31 gel battery. I was able to purchase them with a discount through work…I paid right under $200 each, which is quite a discount. I’ve only had them for a few days, but the difference is amazing! They run very strong without getting sluggish, and hardly use up any of the 100% charge!

I think the GEM car is made to like the DEKA battery… with my '05 I fought the Trojan AGM batteries until I went back to the battery that had been in the car… Deka 8G31… I will not change again unless I go to the Lithium

Couldn’t find the Deka 8G31 in my area. The 8272 is the NAPA equivalent, so I went with them…very pleased so far!

I think the NAPA battery is a DEKA under their lable… I use a NAPA garage and was going to get the NAPA batteries thru them but found a local place that wanted my AGMs bad enough to give me a great price on the DEKAs… I’m ready to shop again and will ask for pricing… with the 9.6hp motor I seemed to have burned thru the last set pretty fast… am going to also have my controller reset at the same time… I’m at the age that price counts and don’t like change

Maybe I will take a chance and buy some US Batteries and report back how they work out. This is my first car and I plan to do some extensive customizing.
What US Battery part # would you PRO’s suggest? I really would prefer to either buy and AGM or Gel as it will sit all winter. Thanks everyone!!

[quote=Nebraska;19927]Maybe I will take a chance and buy some US Batteries and report back how they work out. This is my first car and I plan to do some extensive customizing.
What US Battery part # would you PRO’s suggest? I really would prefer to either buy and AGM or Gel as it will sit all winter. Thanks everyone!![/quote]

I should have added this is the onboard charger I just purchased and my Car is a 2001 E4

New Zivan, Battery Charger NG1 with Micro Upgraded. Input voltage 115V/AC @ 13A 50-60 Hz; output 72V/DC @ 12A. Has selection for WET, AGM or GEL Batteries.