Hub Motors

I am looking for a hub motor that will take a golf cart size lawn tire.
Does anyone know where I might find this size of hub motor?
Does it exist?

i’ve been having a hell of a time finding hub motors. but they do exist. i’ll keep looking though.

Feus, here is the Big Daddy wheel (hub?) motor -

PML Flightlink

Might not be affordable though.

That is a nice site Jack, but I was more interested in a hub motor like you can get to make a bicycle electric, but for a riding lawn mower / golf cart.

http://www.google.com/search?q=hub+motor

Plenty of choices.

[QUOTE=Jack the R;264]Feus, here is the Big Daddy wheel (hub?) motor -

PML Flightlink

Might not be affordable though.[/QUOTE]

thanks a ton for the link, this definately takes me to my next step :smiley:

If you get a price, lemme know what they’re asking.

San,

I would like to convert an older zero turn mower.
I would like to be able to use the hand levers to control the motors.
I need to know what size of motors would move the 300 lbs of man & machine. What type of controllers will work and any other advise for a person who knows absolutely nothing about electricity. Has this been done? Can it be done? I would like to have a solar chargeing station in my shed eventually.

Wayland of the White Zombie fame has a riding mower converted to electric. You should write him and see what he says about it.

What he said… :slight_smile:

Cheers

Gee, thanks for the help.
Maybe I should call Bill Gates about my computer problem.

:confused:

Bill Gates doesn’t put his email address on his web site -

Link

[QUOTE=Al-Bundy;311]San,

I would like to convert an older zero turn mower.
I would like to be able to use the hand levers to control the motors.
I need to know what size of motors would move the 300 lbs of man & machine. What type of controllers will work and any other advise for a person who knows absolutely nothing about electricity. Has this been done? Can it be done? I would like to have a solar chargeing station in my shed eventually.[/QUOTE]

Has it been done? I don’t know. I can say it is possible as it is very little in weight. I’m sure it’s very doable indeed.