Howdy

Hi EV forum,

I’m looking to reduce my dependence on fossil fuels, and use cleaner sources. As EVs seem to be the obvious choice, I have a lot of questions.

I’m very fortunate to not have a long commute (8 - 20 miles DOL) and live in an area with a great climate.

These may be very large, general questions for my intro, but here goes…

• What is the class that covers street legal “golf carts”?
  • How does battery life, disposal, and replacement impact fuel savings figures (and what is the additional environmental impact (w, w/o C02 emissions comparisons)?
  • is there an EV w/ solar panels on roof (for charging batteries)?

[quote=Gritchb;20410]Hi EV forum,

I’m looking to reduce my dependence on fossil fuels, and use cleaner sources. As EVs seem to be the obvious choice, I have a lot of questions.

I’m very fortunate to not have a long commute (8 - 20 miles DOL) and live in an area with a great climate.

These may be very large, general questions for my intro, but here goes…

• What is the class that covers street legal “golf carts”?
  • How does battery life, disposal, and replacement impact fuel savings figures (and what is the additional environmental impact (w, w/o C02 emissions comparisons)?
  • is there an EV w/ solar panels on roof (for charging batteries)?[/quote]

Golf carts are ok in certain neighborhoods. They lack higher speeds to keep up with some streets. You can install a flexible thin cell PV collector on most car roofs for trickle charging. Lithium batteries are infinitely recyclable. Best case senecio is to install PV solar panels on your home for charging EV.