Hi I am new

I just registered on the forum. I have a 2002 Gem 4 seater. I bought it used it has gel batteries and moves pretty well does around 37 mph

Milton

Hi Larado1

Welcome to the forum and we hope you find the information useful and informative.

Do you use your GEM on a regular basis?

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark yes almost daily until what a presume is a charger issue. Couple of weeks ago put some 205/40/16 on it.

I think many non-NEV users will be surprised to see how popular they are. Do you thinking using a GEM would make you more likely to but an electric car in the future?

Regards,

Mark

Don’t think I would buy as a main car but do like it as an around town car. Before we got the Gem we used to ride around our neighborhood on a club car. With the Gem we ride around the town but If you mean a real electric car to use in a larger area I think price and technology needs to improve.

Hi Larado1

There seems to be a consensus of opinion that once battery technology improves to give in excess of 300 miles per charge, this could be the tipping point for many motorists to look at EVs. I don’t think we are a million miles (excuse the pun lol) from this - battery technology is now coming on in leaps and bounds.

Regards,

Mark