Help need ev

New to site and was wondering if anyone knows of a ev that is made or is already out. Most of my finds are in europe. thanks

Sorry I don’t know of any, but I’ll look

I assume you mean mass produced to sell.

Tesla Motors has a new production car, the Roadster
Here is a link
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=tesla+ev&spell=1

Here is Tesla Motor’s main page
http://www.teslamotors.com/

I hope this is what you where looking for.

At this time the only affordable EVs are Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (NEVs) that have a range of around 30 miles between charges (will go further with “opportunity charging” throughout the day) and a speed up to 35 mph. Go to google and search for them. The well known brands include Zenn and Miles.

If you are looking for a highway capable EV, the Tesla is about the only one available right now, but the price is over $100,000. However, there is good news if you can wait for 2 or 3 years. By then, several companies will be offering affordable highway EVs - including Zenn, Miles, and Nissan. Watch for them.

However, don’t reject NEVs without a close look at your real motoring needs. If you need a vehicle that will be used for local errands (school, post office, bank, mall, grocery store, etc.), the NEV is the answer - and operating cost are almost nothing. I have one (a Zenn). During the first month of ownership, I drove 360 miles and the re-charging cost was $3.00 ! It is the most practical vehicle I have ever owned, and every time I drive past a gas station, I just smile. Mine cost $13,000, including tax, title, and delivery to my front door.

[QUOTE=wpdm4;4295]New to site and was wondering if anyone knows of a ev that is made or is already out. Most of my finds are in europe. thanks[/QUOTE]

The previous message is correct. The only production EVs you can buy right now are NEVs. The Tesla is shipping but it has a wait-list that is more than a year long.

However, the Aptera, the Volt, the Th!nk City, the Fisker Karma, the Miles XS500, and others are all supposedly on the way and will hopefully be here within a couple years.

Also at the End of 2010 the Nissan is coming out with a 100 mile range ev.

[QUOTE=wpdm4;4295]New to site and was wondering if anyone knows of a ev that is made or is already out. Most of my finds are in europe. thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi,
I know about very interesting options. One of them is Chinese vehicle BYD e6 which is full sized electric vehicle with 4 doors and on American market will be offered by the end of 2010.

Other one is Tazzari Zero which is high tech full electric car which is already available on American market. The distribution in America, Canada, Mexico and Caribbean islands is going to be managed by Verdek-EV. The price in USA is eligible for a tax credit of 6,336 American dollars.

wpdm4 - Did you find what you wanted here yet? Maybe an OEM EV is still what you are looking for - by Now the Nissan LEAF should be on it’s way to you, or A Chevy Volt, or a Mercedes Smart ED, or a Mitsubishi iMiEV!

If not - Maybe EV Conversions are still an option for you. Beyond here - see what people have done at EV Album EV Photo Album: Our Electric Cars on the Web !

I want to buy the Mitsubishi MUT-3,Had someone bought it ?Please tell me whether or not i should get this because I’m not looking to spend too much money on my car,If you used the product, please give me some advice.

Our Local short term car rental company - Autoshare - has the Volt, LEAF, and the iMiEV. I have not tried any of them out yet, but hope to soon. Check ZipCar or your local Autoshare site for potential local access!

I’ve had the Mitsubishi EV for about a week. It’s a pure ev with a range of 65 miles. We use it for an “about the town car” in San Diego, and so far it works perfectly. We are using the 120 volt charge that came with it. Will have a 240 charger installed soon. We have a solar system installed, so the driving cost is minimal.

Here is a link: MYMIEV.COM