Electric car dealer in Europe, anyone?

Hello,

I have been doing some research to buy an electric car in Europe (France) and it seems there is no electric car dealer other than for the government and for gvnt-related institutions
I’ve decided to search in other countries and other than Tesla, the electric cars I’ve seen look like plastic toys. I’d like to know where to buy a “normal” and brand new electric car, a car that looks good, in the lines of a Volkswagen or Peugeot, to sum up, a small and cute car. If possible the car dealer should be from Europe for cheaper freight. If the car dealer is from the UK, he needs to offer a car that the driver can sit on the left-hand side. Please let me know if you have a car dealer in mind (and price would be perfect!)
Thanks,

Calande.

Almost all electric vehicles being produced now are neighborhood electric vehicles (NEVs). They are limited in speed (25 to 35 mph) and range (30 to 50 miles), so they are ideal for local shopping trips but are not appropriate (or safe) for highway/freeway driving.

The few that are highway capable, such as the Tesla, are VERY expensive. However, in about 2 or 3 more years this will change. For example, the Zenn Motor Company (a Canadian company) have announced a new vehicle called the cityZENN - which is supposed to be available in the Fall of 2009. Zenn says it will have a range of 250 miles and a top speed of 80 mph. The price will be affordable, according to Zenn.

Thanks, I didn’t know there wasn’t any mainstream EV cars yet. Gotta wait a bit more, then :slight_smile:

I found a couple European electric vehicles that I put into my directory at www.earth-list.com The ones I found are expensive luxury brands, i’m yet to find the econimical euro EV’s. I hope this helps you out…

Don’t dismiss the NEVs out of hand just because they can “only” go 35 mph and “only” have a range of 30 to 50 miles. Closely examine your actual needs first. In my case, the 2007 Zenn I own is used for nearly all of my local driving except on the freeways and interstates. For the latter, I use my ICE vehicle. As a result, my gasoline expenditures have been reduced by 75 percent. :smiley:

[QUOTE=calande;2360]Thanks, I didn’t know there wasn’t any mainstream EV cars yet. Gotta wait a bit more, then :)[/QUOTE]

Hi,

In holland there is a possibility, www.ececars.nl , they convert existing cars to electrical ones, Next week I will visit them, if I can do anything for you please let me know.

Rob

[QUOTE=calande;2355]Hello,

I have been doing some research to buy an electric car in Europe (France) and it seems there is no electric car dealer other than for the government and for gvnt-related institutions
I’ve decided to search in other countries and other than Tesla, the electric cars I’ve seen look like plastic toys. I’d like to know where to buy a “normal” and brand new electric car, a car that looks good, in the lines of a Volkswagen or Peugeot, to sum up, a small and cute car. If possible the car dealer should be from Europe for cheaper freight. If the car dealer is from the UK, he needs to offer a car that the driver can sit on the left-hand side. Please let me know if you have a car dealer in mind (and price would be perfect!)
Thanks,

Calande.[/QUOTE]