HELP code 39 on a 2013 Gem6?

Anyone ever seen a code 39?

As soon as I accelerate it cuts the car off. My batteries are 100 charged.

I cant find a ref for -39.
How are you reading this?

What are you doing to get the car rolling again?

code 39

This is where it is coming up.

OK- This is not a display from a Stock GE controller.
Need more info.
Do you know what you are running for a motor controller?
Send a pic of that.

What type of batteries and what charger / BMS?

Also- Is the dash pod display still active?
Is it showing anything?

It would be very helpful if you provide full details and as much history on this car as you can give us. If it has been modified or altered, any suggestions offered probably will not help.

Good morning and thanks for trying to help. System that monitors it is the ANT BMS. The previous owners had the batteries replaced with a different set of batteries.

The dash pod is not working just that reader I sent.
The factory batteries were replaced with 3 chevy volt batteries, at least that is what previous owners said. Here is the pic.

here is pic of the BMS part number

Ok- Thanks. This is filling in some of the blanks.

Now go under the front hood and get a few pics of what you are using for a motor and a controller.

that is a Curtis 840 display
do a search for curtis code 39

Pic of engine

Thank you Gem_e2. I think you are right. I will try and find that code 39 and reach out to the company.

Thanks @Gem_e2
This is the missing piece I was looking for.
I had a feeling It might curtis, but was thrown off when the doc I had on hand did not list it.

Ol’ Google turned up this:

@Izaac0811
Does this help? Do you know what this means?

What is the history on this cart?
Who built it?
Was it working when you got it?

Were you aware that you bought a highly modified cart that only resembles a Gem in Shape only. There is not much left of the original drive line. An ordinary cart mechanic will not know what to do with this. This needs to be serviced by someone with an “expert” badge.

THATS IT! Thank you.

I dont know much about the history. We have a guy coming out tomorrow to fix. He has a GEM car repair shop here in Clearwater. This should help him figure it out.

Hopefully he has a badge and he brings his dad’s awesome set of TV repair man tools.

1 Like

No fan shroud the motor?

No fan shroud the motor?

Fan shroud probably stuck out and rubbed tire in turns.
With shroud removed this setup now gives extra speed boost when gearbox suddenly goes 1:1 in left turns.

I am quite amazed that it hasn’t reached out and grabbed any of the loose spaghetti.

1 Like

:rofl:

I was thinking “what gem came with a TEFC?” Looking at the photo now on a computer (vs phone previously) and seeing your comments, yeah, this is a GINO (GEM In Name Only).

Good luck Izaac.

I suggest having the work done at a golf cart shop. Google Curtis golf carts or call a few dealers.
As mentioned, previous a Gem repair person will be puzzled.
On the upside, this should be a great car “as set up”.
It only needs wiring cleaned up and a good Curtis shop.