Hawaii has 10% (E10) fuel at all locations

After flooring it to get on the “highway” it smelled very bitter, I hope E85 or even E100 smells different. I rented a Toyota Camry but they were out so they had to give me a Cadillac CTS :smiley:

[QUOTE=SerpaDesigns;1761]After flooring it to get on the “highway” it smelled very bitter, I hope E85 or even E100 smells different. I rented a Toyota Camry but they were out so they had to give me a Cadillac CTS :D[/QUOTE]

oh, what a shame lmao…

as far as the E10, thats in 90% of the gas stations anyways. (VERY common in the midwest…

[QUOTE=FEUS;1768]oh, what a shame lmao…

as far as the E10, thats in 90% of the gas stations anyways. (VERY common in the Midwest…[/QUOTE]

Yea I thought, why not, only chance to drive one in my life, even if I could afford one I wouldn’t buy one…

Oh and I really didn’t know but, 10% ethyl alcohol in California gas is ethanol, haha oops, I wonder why it smells differently in Hawaii than in the Bay Area?

weird

[QUOTE=SerpaDesigns;1776]Yea I thought, why not, only chance to drive one in my life, even if I could afford one I wouldn’t buy one…

Oh and I really didn’t know but, 10% ethyl alcohol in California gas is ethanol, haha oops, I wonder why it smells differently in Hawaii than in the Bay Area?

weird[/QUOTE]

yea, the nice thing about them adding that to the gas is that it stands up to the cold a bit better than normal plain gas (for colder winters)

all of the gas in arizona is 10% ethanol…

Oh actually I checked several different web sites and California only has 5.7% ethanol in its formulation.

ethanol has been used for years as an additive. Running 10% or less is nothing new.