Hard doors for E2

I’ve been looking for a set of hard doors for my 2010 E2. I can’t seem to find any used ones anywhere,and have had prices quoted to me from 2100.00 to 2750.00 plus freight 300.00 for new ones. I love using the Gem for around town driving. I have the “soft” doors,but the zipper on the drivers side has broken!:frowning: Are the “framed” cloth doors better than the soft doors? Who has the best prices on hard,or framed doors?

If you have damaged zippers or worn out vinyl and fabric, try finding a marina that does canvas canopy and enclosure repair. I have had golf car and tractor vinyl windows, doors, and cab enclosures repaired and replaced. The marine grade clear vinyl is more durable and won’t crack in cold weather. These shops are slow in the winter and will turn around work quickly. A good alternative to expensive new GEM doors.

Daniel

Thanks,Daniel ! I’ll try and find a shop in the area. I haven’t had much luck in the past. Most don’t have zippers that long. But it’s worth a shot!:slight_smile: Ron

I have seen marine cockpit enclosures with very long zippers. Also very good quality.

Daniel

[quote=GEMmechanic;17874]I have seen marine cockpit enclosures with very long zippers. Also very good quality.

Daniel[/quote]

Thanks,Daniel! Your right!:slight_smile: I’ll have to check at some bigger cities in the area. My town is small POP 4500! LOL!

There is a pair of GEM hard doors on eBay right now for about $1500 BUT they don’t come with a hinge. You’d have to fabricate something to work.