GEM Newbie

Hi Ya’ll,

I am very happy to find this site as I am in the process of buying a 2002 Gem E4. Should be here next weekend.

I have quite a bit of experience with Club Cars as I had a small custom cart business for a few years and still have my accounts with all my vendors.

However the GEM is a different animal I am finding out… It should be an interesting Resto…

I also have done several old truck resto’s and just sold the “Last One” that I plan on doing… going to use the GEM for around town and country club driving and of course to modify it…It would be against my grain to leave it stock. :lol:

Again thanks for the great info on this site.

Thirdcoast
Victoria, Texas

Welcome to the forum Thirdcoast,

I was wondering what plans you had for your GEM?

Regards,

Mark

Well after reading this great forum, I have decided to jump in with both feet and convert the 2002 GEM e4 I am getting next Friday to a Lithium Battery configuration…

This is just to get started… There is no telling what may happen from there as I have a lot of experience in building perfromance Club Cars, I may go Hog Wild:eek: but will probably just build a dependable very drivable, fast, long range GEM…

In my small town, the local cops will go wild as they do not know the TXDMV rules for NEV’s very well, but they will learn as I will carry a copy of the law with me at all times… Most every street in our town is 45 MPH or less and in Texas, you can operate a NEV on streets with speed limits up to 45 MPH and run at speeds up to a max of 35 MPH…

Outta be fun… :smiley:

One question, do i have to have a certain number of posts before I can put up my Avatar?? it keeps telling me that I do not have permission from the administrator… I assume that is you??

Thanks for a great site,

Thirdcoast

I went back and read the FAQ and lo and behold, it takes a minimum of 5 posts to do other than basic posts…

Old Age & Senility is MY EXCUSE and I am sticking to IT!!!

Thanks again,

Thirdcoast