GEM eL XD Truck - Upgrades - Lithium, R4F Motor, On-Board Solar Charging, 72v to 110v Inverter, Lights

For the ones I have it’s a small margin between flowing the solder and torching the heat shrink.

Wow. Doing a search on the controller specs for my GEM and I discovered someone adding the exact same batteries to the exact same model of GEM as me. Dave, or anyone, do you still recommend the Chargery? Is there a higher amperage BMS now available?

I’d like to use the existing charger and I noticed that you suggested using a profile in one of these posts that stops at 82V. That leaves 2V on the table according to specs. The QuiQ website leads me to think I can create my own algorithm. Have you done this before? Is the curve flat enough at this point in the charging cycle to be worth setting the high voltage cut off a little higher than 82V? 1V makes a huge difference with Tesla batts which I have set up in other applications.

Can the motor controller be reworked to get a low voltage cut off closer to 56V? How did you work around this?

Start over so I don’t need to look for the posts mentioned.
Chargery is a good bms for up to 24s. Nicely packaged, and works with most any shunt.

Many of us are switching to ac induction motors. More efficient, so 300a bms is fine. I use a smart bms and run the load through the mosfets, giving under and over volt protection. Up to 32s.

I just got in some 400a versions, but they only do 20s.
DQ will make a custom algorithm if you have connections. We do not.

I like to set the charger for full voltage and control it with bms.

Hey Gemrix I’m interested in getting your consult on a 2011 gem max box el xd that I have purchased,I got it for a Mini Mobile Retail Business and allot of your upgrades you did I would be interested in talking to you about,

If you are able to give a fellow gem owner a hand I would greatly appreciate it, and if yes do you have a good contact number or email I can reach you at? You can also email me directly at solostryker@icloud.com or text/call 305-877-2533

Thank you!

A post was split to a new topic: New member Gem thread

I’ll give you a call!

@Inwo Not sure if you will remember my project but it has worked out great for over 4 years now. I did replace the ignition switch this spring but it has otherwise been good. Suddenly DeltaQ charger is not working. It was reprogrammed for my 20s battery pack you helped me with. I am able to slowly charge @ 1 amp using the rooftop solar still but the DQ does not work. It makes a relay click when plugged in but no charge begins. Any suggestions or could you point me to a troubleshooting guide? Thanks!