GEM eL XD Truck - Upgrades - Lithium, R4F Motor, On-Board Solar Charging, 72v to 110v Inverter, Lights

• Yes the data on the motors is hard to come by. I bought the motor on the recommendation of Vic at D&D during about a 10 minute phone call. There is a bit more information in this Amazon listing:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XNSKWS6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1RMJN1BDI6QEK&psc=1
    Aparently the Green option of the Blue motor is High torque, lower speed, to prioritize range. The Red option of the Blue motor is high torque and speed at the expense of range. That’s not confusing at all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Until now I was not even aware of this variation and Vic may have simply misunderstood my goals. You and I know that my battery pack is plenty oversized. My #1 priority is pulling power: This is supposed to be the “hayride” & yard work machine. Ironically the torque motor I currently have does not climb hills as well as the stock motor. The only thing an “upgraded performance motor” needs to do is exceed the stock capabilities.

• They will not even discuss higher than 25 MPH or really any electrical variations, I think because of warranty.

• My tires are stock (for eL XD) 23.2" and I have the 14.76:1 gears. The chart you are referencing is actually the reason I became concerned about RPMs with my gearbox (after my magnet blew in the stock motor at 32 MPH - possibly coincidence)

• The higher RPM rating of D&D is mentioned in discussion on the forum, for example:

Ride-4-Fun touts higher RPMs an higher temperature tolerances too:

• “6,000 RPM Sustained Operation Rated, with up 7,000 RPM operation (25% higher than other performance motors, and 50% higher than stock motors).”
  • “Patented design delivers more power, generates more torque, increases brush life, and reduces heat which results in higher speeds, quicker acceleration, and increased reliability/motor life.”

I would be content anywhere over 30 MPH on flats.

Finally, I did not find the ES-132-68 Motor that I have referenced on this site initially but now I found that @grantwest actually has had some experience with it discussing a “New Torque Motor” Check the picture, it has the same model #.

I would be EXTREMELY interested in any further insight you have, Grant.

Really, I hope this discussion will help others who may be trying to find the best combination to unlock the potential of their GEMs too.
(otherwise I would not be so damn wordy and nerdy :nerd_face:)