GEM E825 No power to BDI

Hi:
I am new to your forum and stumped with no power to my 2001 Gem car.
When you turn on the main switch BDI lights briefly then goes blank. Lights wiper
do not work. When you release the brake it buzzes. Batteries are good . Fuses good.
Does anyone have any ideas on what to check? Thank You

Muffler bearings.

ok, seriously, check the DC-DC converter. Under the lower dash, passenger side, pretty much at the bottom. Is is a sealed aluminum box or is it an open PCB? If it’s an aluminum box, check it for proper operation. If it’s an open PCB, run your vin through the recall database at NTSB.gov. The open boards were recalled for failures and fire hazard danger and are still being actively replaced under the recall by polaris.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer but I had another DC DC converter and a controller and
switched both out and no improvement.

Ok. But what about the muffler bearings?

And PM me your email address. I’ll send you the wiring diagrams for that era along with the service manual and troubleshooting guide