Gem e6

Does anyone know if the Gem e6 has had many changes over the years?

I have a 2008 and have an opportunity to get a 2013. Wondering if 2013 has upgraded things worth the hassle of selling the 08 for.

There have been changes. However from a driving experience it’s debatable if you would notice. Tough call. Depends on the condition of your present car The age and condition, type of your batteries etc.

Drive it, Be realistic on the sales value of yours. The 13 will have 3+ years of battery life left under normal circumstances.

Keep us up to speed.

What are some of the changes made over the years?

I was thinking 8k for our 2008. It got new gel batteries Feb of 2015.

Front suspension.

8K could be aggressive. 6 seaters are usually used in a commercial setting. Interesting, keep us up to date.

Rodney

I can tell you the Suspension on the 13 Looks much better on the 13 then on the 08. The 08 Has all smaller square tube A arms and components, The 13 has all larger round tubes. And I can tell some things are in different places (not sure right NOW if this make any differance) but I will report back

I’m working on the 13 Now I have not got to drive it so I can’t comment on the ride quality 08 Vs 13

the market on Gems vary’s on region, So what ever you can get for it is what its worth. Try E-bay for selling your GEM if you don’t have good luck local. Where are u located

Here are some Pics of the 13’s Suspension

The rear suspension appears to look just like my 2008.

I think the diff is different in 2013 . just looked at one for a buddy . diff is made by Schafer , not spicer

Dana/Spicer was sold to Schaffer - Same gearbox.

Addition interesting info - FSIP bought the GE controller business some time ago and has been manufacturing and servicing GE controls for some years.

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;28520]Dana/Spicer was sold to Schaffer - Same gearbox.

Addition interesting info - FSIP bought the GE controller business some time ago and has been manufacturing and servicing GE controls for some years.[/quote]
good info Rodney , thanks .

do you have the Schaffer part numbers for different gear ratio’s ?

I did a google search and it didn’t come up . finally found it at Polaris that this cart had a 12.44 . which I was surprised because it is a 2013 e4.

They changed back to 10.35 in 2014 I believe.