GEM E 825 2002 long bed odomoter failure

The odomoter on my 2002 GEM e825 long bed has not changed in about a year. The speedometer does not display at all. Do I need a new controller? If so, where do I get one? HOw do I get it to go 40 MPH? The only street that connects with my street is a 40 MPH street.

Thanks, Greg

Does the speedometer work? If so, the speed signal is getting to the display. If this is the case I would change the display. There has been one on Ebay for a while now. There are ways to increase the speed. Many of them are expensive. Larger tires will help a little. Taller gearing is available. These changes can be hard on the motor and controller. The speedometer will become useless as the overall gearing is changed. If you really want to go faster, the motor and controller will need to be upgraded to handle the extra load. The distance you can drive on a charge will be reduced as you go faster. The GEM brakes are not really designed for high speeds. There is an upgrade for the brakes.

Daniel

Sources for upgrades:

Ride For Fun

controllers
 motors
 taller gear kits
 taller wheels

NEV Accessories

front brake upgrade
 taller wheels

Thanks for the quick response GeMmechanic. Very helpful, Greg

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;10475]Does the speedometer work? If so, the speed signal is getting to the display. If this is the case I would change the display. There has been one on Ebay for a while now. There are ways to increase the speed. Many of them are expensive. Larger tires will help a little. Taller gearing is available. These changes can be hard on the motor and controller. The speedometer will become useless as the overall gearing is changed. If you really want to go faster, the motor and controller will need to be upgraded to handle the extra load. The distance you can drive on a charge will be reduced as you go faster. The GEM brakes are not really designed for high speeds. There is an upgrade for the brakes.

Daniel

Sources for upgrades:

Ride For Fun

controllers
 motors
 taller gear kits
 taller wheels

NEV Accessories

front brake upgrade
 taller wheels[/QUOTE]