GEM Codes 82 and 81

The original water flap is in place. I don’t see evidence of water but my grandson may have sprayed it inadvertently.

Should I have the controller tested and/or rebuilt? Who can test the unit and rebuild if necessary? I’m at a loss as to next steps.

Where are you located?
Try a different speed sensor/magnet from a different source.

I live in Aberdeen, MS 39730

Update: I got a new speed sensor in today. I plugged it in and got much better results. I drove the car about 3 miles without a code 81 or 82. The speedometer seems a bit off but it is working much better than it was before. The odometer appears to have started working as well. I’m going to hold off the controller rebuild for now. Is there a way to recalibrate the speedometer?

How accurate was the speed sensor before?
How far off is it now?

Are you running the magic magnet speed device?

The speedometer displayed random numbers (ex: 1,2,3,4 7,8,1…) before. I don’t have a magic magnet. I’ll have to get a GPS app to check.

Yes- I got that. That was with the weird Amazon special sensor and magnet.

I was referring to how accurate was it before this failure 14 days ago.
What was it like for the last 7 mos and 389 miles. Was it accurate? How could you tell?

Yes, a GPS app is good for checking, but most don’t really worry about it and happy when their car scoots along without issues.

I feel like it was accurate before. Max speed was 26mph (according to the speedometer). I didn’t verify before. I’m back to enjoying the ride.