GEM 2001 E825 -04 code coming up

This weekend I cleaned up all my battery connections and even cleaned up battery connection under the dash. I did this because as soon as I went out of turf mode car would shut off. Now, when I turn switch on and instantly upon releasing parking brake selenoid clicks it off and -04 code comes up. I have read it could be fuses but where are they located? Please help!
Batteries all read good. I wish I had a owners manual. :blush:

Is this in a Gem?..

Yes, Iā€™m sorry. Itā€™s a 2001 GEM E825 4 seater

Your fuse box is located under the hood mounted to the passenger side just under the window (there is a rubber sheet hanging over it.) I have a copy of both the owners manual and maintenance manual in pdf format that I found online. Iā€™ll try to find the web address.

try these,
http://www.gemelectriccars.co.uk/gem-electric-vehicles-owners-manuals.php

Thank you so much! Hopefully itā€™s a quick fix

-04 is parking brake engaged with key on, typically the switch on the parking brake isnā€™t triggering. Take the boot around it off and try to clean up the contacts on it some.

I fixed mine like an old tv and hit it a few times on the side and stopped getting that message. Eventually Iā€™ll just remove and bypass that switchā€¦

Iā€™d strongly urge you to not do that. At some point somebody will accidentally go barreling into the garage or the back of a truck at the store.
Like you said, itā€™s an easy fix.

Thanks everyone. Iā€™m going to dive into it this weekend. I will keep updated

Agreed, as annoying as all the beeps and alarms are on the GEM they do serve their purpose. The blinker timer alarm gets me pretty often. I ended up muffling that one and the reverse beeper so they still serve their purpose but donā€™t tell everyone within 100ā€™, ā€œHey, look at me!!ā€

Not to be a stickler, but thatā€™s kind of the purpose of a back up alarm. To let everyone around you know you are reversing and your vehicle has limited visibility and/or limited maneuverability.

Such being said, mine is disabled because locating it in the passenger compartment is, well, retarded at best. I also have the parking brake interlock switch bypassed because the bracket is hopelessly bent out of alignment. I also ate some expired yogurt for breakfast and I even cut the ā€œDo not remove under penalty of lawā€ tag off a mattress once.

How could that happen??

Yes all annoyances have their purpose, mostly for mass market and litigation avoidance. One day Iā€™ll get a powered break and attach to the seat, but thatā€™s way behind finishing cleaning up current changes, side view cameras, power electronic steering, open pilot, and the annoying beeper, just want to change the tone on it and lower its volume.

A couple pieces of tape is a good start.

THATā€™S WHERE IT IS!!!

Man I have been hunting for that for ages. No wonder I couldnā€™t find it. Iā€™ve never had the fuse panel or bottom dash out.

Haha, I couldnā€™t find it either. I tried to locate it by listening and checking the parts diagrams and wiring schematics. I suspected it was inside the PSDM but didnā€™t have a good reason to tear into it. @chris1 mentioned he needed to repair his buddies PSDM. I asked him to send me a pic of the board when he had it open and he confirmed my suspicions. Thanks again, @chris1!

1 Like

Damn, they really hid that thing on the newer ones.

I have both manuals for all Classic GEMā€™s

rodneyadiehl@aol.com