Geico say no to Gem Car insurance!

Actually mine is insured as a motorcycle?? Online sign-up, didn’t talk to anyone!

I just need insurance to keep the park happy. I’m not registering it because to leave the park I’m on a 55 mph road which I’m not legal for?

I have used the road service already; they came and picked it up then took it to dealer when it wasn’t running (needed controller).But they wouldn’t bring it back!

I bought it from the Villages and they had it registered, but their roads are 35 mph.

Good Luck, let me know if you find someone. Thanks, Harold

Try USAA, covers our GEM alongside a Bolt and an Audi on same policy.

Again for those reading I’m in Florida. Thanks the only one that came close was All State in and they want $200/month if I had insurance with them before. That was from a friend but I don’t have insurance with them before. He said the real rate was so bad he wouldn’t even tell me. Everyone else says they can’t cover it. Geico says to check with MOAT. But I call back and nobody knows what that is. My friend said to not call and asked for anything but car insurance. He says like a car it must have PIP insurance.
I call dealers and they don’t know either.
Thanks for the USAA recommendation. I was not in the military for USAA. I called and they said I don’t qualify.
I called several GEM car dealers and they were no help either.

We have three of them with Farmers as LSV’s street legal, no issues. But as stated above we have basically liability on the GEM’s themselves but have a huge umbrella policy that covers all the medical and everything else (including motorcycles, boats, etc).

Had Foremost for the last 5 years in Florida

Thank you Old_Houseboater. I had heard Foremost and Safeco do. I contacted an agency that handles both of these. After I gave them all my information they told me neither handle these. It shows you have to shop around and ask more than one agency. I must have talked with at least 8 agents so far and none have heard of a GEM car. I’m learning if they say we have to treat it like an auto policy in Florida with PIP I know we are on the right track.

GEM is A Low Speed Vehicle LSV not a car. also called a Neighbor Hood Elecric Vehicle

In a message dated 7/21/2020 11:00:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes: