Gearbox conversion

Here are the ones I sent to Grant.
Notice less than 1/4" between frame and mount.

Other guys have had trouble with pull out. I believe they installed washers between the CV cup and the spindle.

MikeKCā€™s set up looks good.Easy and cheep.
My car with Rodneys anti vibration Mounts work real nice I have Over 1000 miles on them and They are doing awesome.
Iā€™ll do a B4 and after test when Daveā€™s Mount kit gets her. Daveā€™s stuff usually turn out simple and effective so I look forward to trying it out.

Delivered on the 12th.

I only have 1/4" washer on the bottom for reasons stated above.
It wonā€™t be as effective as thicker.

@grantwest @Inwo
Grant
You should try the skateboard bushings on Daveā€™s and compare it to Rodneyā€™s mounts on your car. I am just curious on the sound dampening. I have nothing to compare the sound to? I think I am using Med firmness or like 88 or 87 was the number that was on the box. You should be able to pickup a set at any hipster skateboard shop, probably a popular as Starbucks in SanFran :slight_smile:

The transmission in Daveā€™s blue car seem Especially Loud. So itā€™s not a good comparison Iā€™m sure his car would have been or should have been a factory Recall cause this thing Screams. Iā€™ll wait till Daveā€™s get here and decide if the skate board bushings are more stout and then decide what way to go.

Grant got my parts last week. I have a problem comparing as my truck was not that noisy to start. Unless it sounded like a screaming cat under the hood, I wouldnā€™t notice.
My bushings are quite soft. Only slightly firmer that grommets.

Look at your front door. Check cameras from a week ago.
Padded fr envelope.

Dave Iā€™m guessing you sent them to Redwoodcity. I have nothing in Copper

Yes, I did. I always look up the last place I sent or use the PayPal address.

I got them here at RWC now

Check the caster on your front wheels. Not enough caster can cause a vehicle to not want to return to straight and dart
and you would have to watch it constantly.

Here is Daveā€™s Home Brew Anti Vibration Mounts

One off for testing, using materials on hand.
Not expected to be effective as Rodneys.
Quick and easy with no disassemble and minimum displacement of gearbox.