Front mount battery in early Gem

or 3D print a couple of covers…

it would print better as a half cylinder running the length and a half sphere at the top rounded side but I think you get the idea. It would not only keep moisture out but also greatly limit the cable movement.

Y- I was going to come back on those holes.
I like the idea of the down facing vent/wire exit.

How about a tube of GE Silicone II? It’s like $4 and no fuss, no muss…

1 Like

I used these for my toolbox battery box

a bit cleaner design. base flange = 200mm long x 75mm wide.

I am going to buy a new battery charger for my 2000 e825 GEM. I’m replacing the Schott 72v charger. Now that I have the Lithium battery pack, what charger would you recommend. Thank you for your help.

What voltage?
I have J1772 29 amp chargers fixed at 86v.

I have 22 batteries, so I believe you measured that out at 78 volts per the image in this thread. Again my old system was 72 volts (6x12v Lead Acid). Hope that answered your question. Thx

This would be an onboard charger, 110v. Thx

How are you doing with your pack install?

I’d finish/get that in, test run the car around the block a bit then try the schott charger. (Or does it not work at all?)

Too many changes at once is sometimes a handful to work out.

I just received my two replacement batteries from Dave. So hopefully I get time this weekend to wire up the pack and install.
Regarding the charger, I’m just about finished putting together another 2000 GEM e825 for a friend of mine. His Schott charger is shot :slight_smile: and I was going to replace it with mine and then buy another charger for myself. But you are right, I’ll get mine together first and go from there. Thx again for the guidance, you all are great.

No. We’re gems.

Bada-bum!

1 Like

Question for Inwo, on the BMS for this application, I see two wires marked for battery number 22 (the last battery). Do both wires go to the positive terminal or one to each side or …?
Thank you. Dan

Both wires will need to go to that last post.
One of them will be the balance wire #22 just like 21. If you follow it back to the pins it will be right next to pin 21 in the header plug.

The other will be the power wire for the BMS. It may be a different color. If you follow it back to the pins it will be the last one in the plug. There will be two spaces skipped (for optional cells 23 and 24 which you do not have).

1 Like

Got it, thank you, much appreciated.

Hello, I thought I followed the directions well regarding the battery pack connections and start up process for the BMS. Currently I have a voltage reading of 0.13 between the positive and negative side of the battery pack and I cannot see the BMS on a bluetooth scan.
Any suggestions are welcome. I can post pictures if needed. Thx

Did you jump start the BMS with a 9v battery?
Is there a red light blinking on the BMS?

Is the bms awake?? connect a 9v battery between B- and P- from the bms

Also- the BMS will start up with the output FETs turned off.
You will not see anything on the output yet.