Front mount battery in early Gem

I do. But they are out of the 30 I was going to build my pack for Emmy from. Where is he located?

I think I have one of the jk displays in my mailbox right now. Whim purchase on aliackbar . Com

He is down here by me. Donā€™t bust up your Emmy plans.

LMK if that display is worth anything.
I think it was meant for a handlebar mount on a bike or a scooter. Why is it so tiny?
Iā€™ll have to go look at it again and maybe click to get one here.
Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with the two I have (unless he really wants the little display).

I can trade bms and dash display for your old one.
Can also send a series cable that fits perfectly box to box.
Bms I send will have nice terminals on power leads. Iā€™m all set up for it.

12s in the pos side
10s + bms in the neg side.
I can also send foam and coroplast unless you want to source your own spacing material.

Spendy but nice. I could make it easier starting over. Mounting boxes together first and drilling holes between them.

May I suggest 21s so he can use his stock charger? He has a r4f motor and only looking for 35 mph. 21s should do it.

1 Like

I believe that I built mine upside down. See if you can do better.
To late for @Eingarrett ?
Seems correct if I bring connections out on driverā€™s side. Sucks not having a car here.
But then bms is on the back. Tempted to start over. On the other hand, lid wonā€™t open in place, so latches down is ok. :upside_down_face:

Besides fighting for space with the master cylinder and wiper motor, the stock cables are on the passenger side, and are not long enough to reach the driverā€™s side

Probably not a big deal to extend them for this pack. (rather than totally reworking this one?)
Thinking out loud-
B+ cable goes to the Far side of the Main Fuse, B- goes to the controller. Probably should bring up the Bat switch from under the seat and mount it up here anyway.

It will work fine upside down but I planned for bms to be in front box at the top. It ended up being bottom back box.

Hmmmā€¦
It appears the link to the (15.7"x11.8"x7") box (post 20) is no longer available?

This one looks like the same thing and a bit cheaper?

The actual product link below (but ignore the preview- I couldnā€™t figure out how to save it with the correct product)

Remind me, how many cells per box max?

Iā€™m still trying to figure out how i want to set the pack up for Emmy. And if Iā€™m putting in a 12v pack also for auxiliary ā– ā– ā– ā– 

One box has 10 + a BMS.
The other has 12 cells. (max per lunchbox)

1 Like

12 fit nicely less bms.

Yes, I turned my boxes with the latches up. 10 w/BMS up front and 12 batteris in the back. I rearranged the 12 batteries so the B+ came out on top of the case near the lid. It did come out on the driverā€™s side but Iā€™ll just connect there and find a way to incorporate the disconnect switch somewhere up front. I have yet to complete the battery pack wiring. Is there some way to display the battery charge status when I get this done? Thx

Yes- Once you get all the connect bars in, the crossover cable between the banks(boxes), then the tiny balance leads, then the blue wire from the BMS goes on B-, plugging in the white collectors that hold the balance leads lastā€¦

Then you can wake up the BMS and connect to it with your phone (or ipad/tablet device) and see all the stats.

Or, if you have a meter you can just put the probes on the first and last battery in the chainā€¦

Yes, Byron should have a complete battery in a few days, then he can explain in detail.
Bms transmits bluetooth data all the time. Complete battery information. Cell volts and amps in and out to tune your driving style. Also, a lcd is available for the dash if you like.
Samples sent to Byron.
Keep us informed and donā€™t jump ahead. Final connection of bms is a critical step.

Thank you, the connection information seems like important information. Much appreciated. Iā€™ll do it in that order. BTW, is there an app that I should load on my phone to access the BMS thru bluetooth? Thx

Scan the bms to download.

Hi Inwo,
Woops ā€¦ I made a mistake. I blew a hole in two batteries. I bought 22 batteries and a BMS for a 70 volt GEM. I think I have two options, go with 20 batteries or buy two more from you. If I go with 20 batteries is there any issue with the BMS? I assume I just wouldnā€™t hook up the BMS wires 21 and 22. Is that correct? Thx, Dan