Ford Think shock replacement

Has anyone been able to find a coil over shock replacement that doesn’t require a lot of alterations?

With my Ford Think I purchased the close to OEM shocks and the company that installed them (a gold cart dealer) installed rear wheel spacers. I needed the spacer as the gap between the tire sidewall and the shock spring was about 1/8 inch. Shortly after, I replaced the OEM (road/turff) tires with a simular version years ago and the gap increased to about 1/2 inch and so the need for the spacers was gone and I removed them. And have been running that way for a number of years now. The tires that I purchased are: 215/50-12 LSI Elite 4ply DOT Golf Cart Tire (DOT approved). The shocks that I purchased were from NEV accessories: Ford Think Shocks. The tires are from: Ford Think Tires. Maybe not the answer you were looking for. If you run narrow wheels and tires no spacer is needed.

I’ve been thinking about swapping shocks on my Think with the NEV Accessories versions mainly because the rubber bushings and isolators are shot. Would you recommend the upgrade? Notice any significant ride or handling improvement?

Are you referring to the top and bottom rubber bushings on the shocks? If your shocks are still performing well, you can replace them. The parts are available at pretty much any local parts store or online.

Yep all of the above are shot and I’m pretty sure I’m getting very little if any damping from the original shocks. Trying to decide if I just replace bushings like you mention or replace all 4 with the NEV accessories shocks. Was hoping to hear feedback on the NEV accessories shocks… worthwhile upgrade or no?

NEV shocks are way overpriced. Just match up your own for a fraction of the price

If you are not bottoming out when hitting a bump or going over a speed bump, just replace the bushings. If you want new shocks, you can take one to a local parts store to match up way cheaper than NEV.