Ford Think lithium upgrade

No real need to change chargers to start, Any 72v charger will charge to 85%.
About 25 mile range.
There are often used DeltaQ available. Here, Ebay, and FB.

Ok, Thanks. That will work for now. I’ll watch for used Delta Q

Two of The Big Battery Falcons will fit snugly under the drivers seat and are fairly affordable. I’m unsure of the range and they have onboard BMS for each battery. sure simplifies things!

I’ve seen reports of 25 miles plus, depending on speed. It’s too bad the Amp hours are lower than other lithium setups. I know there is a difference between GEL batteries and lithium batteries. I would just love to be able to go 50+ miles like other available kits.

The Samsung sdi is a proven winner for over 30 mile range.
One piece easy connect.

For the record, Any LA battery has a chemistry that should only be taken down to 50% SOC (but who does that?). What people fail to understand is that 50% SOC is around 12.0v (depending on manufacturer). Anything lower than that begins to do internal damage and shortens battery life (runtime and lifetime).

So, on a set of 120ah batteries (keeping it simple) you are only allowed to use 60ah on a regular basis. This is when batteries are off the shelf new.

In reality, Nobody does this. It is up to you how much of that you decide you can use. As long as the cart will even creep slowly in the direction of home, the pedal usually remains mashed to the floor.

Lithium has a different chemistry that allows more of the battery state of charge. In theory a double Falcon setup should be comparable to a good set of LAcid batteries. Both about 60Ah usable??

One disadvantage to Lit/Life is that if taken outside of the suggested boundaries major damage can occur and the pack is done. To avoid this, the nice setups have a watchdog to keep the drunken you from damaging the battery. Yep, If you aren’t watching, it will shut you down and leave you on the side of the road. Key is to know your limits with what you are installing in your car.

Advantage of Lithium(lifepo4) is lighter, longer lifespan(theory) Maint Free, Flatter Voltage curve when used, etc.