Fisker Hybrid Concept Car

Fisker Automotive has just announced a joint venture with Quantum Technologies to build the sleek 4-door sports sedan. But unlike Fisker’s previous entries, the Tramonto (a rebodied Mercedes-Benz SL) and the Latigo (a rebodied BMW 6 Series), their car is a completely original design from the ground up. But the real surprise is that the new car will be a plug-in hybrid.

Henrik Fisker, CEO of Fisker Automotive, says the car’s sleek design is

“a direct result of our breakthrough chassis which carries the battery pack at the center of the vehicle between the two axles.”

He went on further to say the car’s design will enable it to achieve “industry standard performance figures within this car class.” Those claimed figures include 50 miles on a pure electric charge as well as 100 mpg when combined with the car’s gasoline or diesel engine. The ability to have the power to 50 miles and 100mpg seems to be very impressive indeed.

The starting price will be $80,000 when initial deliveries begin toward the end of 2009 — they are predicting annual production of up to 15,000 cars.

That is one sweet looking electric , i like way better than the tesla design.

I don’t know, I like the Telsa better
but this looks cool… in its own weird way