EV Help needed urgently!

Hi Folks,

I’m new here and I’m hoping one of you may be able to help.

We have acquired an electric vehicle which is used commercially and we are having a problem charging it. Sadly the original designer has died, and we have only very limited information about it.

The vehicle uses an Elcom charger and EMUS BMS to charge 6 Sinobatt 12V60AH cellpacks. At the moment when we plug it in all the battery lights flash red and the batteries don’t appear to be charging.

We’ve just discovered there was a problem last year and that the first (last?) cell of the 24 has been disconnected and the BMS has been reprogrammed we think to adjust to 23 cells, but it seems a second problem has occurred since, perhaps another cell going down?

We hoping we may have spare batteries available in the next day or so but we are desperate for assistance with diagnosis and reprogramming! We are several skills short of a full set on this one!

We’re based near Preston in the North West of the UK. The EV is booked for a job next week which we’ll have to cancel if we can’t get this solved, so we need help really quickly if possible!

Is there anyway out there who might be willing to help - especially someone local, obviously we’d expect to pay for your time.

Please feel free to PM me if you can help.

Thanks!

Tony