Electric virgin

Can anyone help, any and all advise greatly appreciated. I am thinking of buying a electric car for my wife and would appreciate the opinions of the people who have experienced the reality of owning them. The kind of car that I am looking for needs to be a small to medium size, on a normal day it would have to be capable of doing 70 to 80 miles on one charge, we live in a rural location with a few moderate hills.

ha ha ha, love the title of the new thread…
i am new here myself (so sorry, i can’t help) just wanted to say your title was very catchy :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply Naz, I hoped the catchy title would get the attention of people with first hand experience of living with electric cars as I am sceptical of the claims made by the manufactures.

i must admit, it is a good point.
i did a lot of research a long time ago (possibly a few years) so the info i know now is out of date.

i was hoping someone would help me as well, but i guess we are all busy for the christmas season :slight_smile:

about 3 or 4 years ago, i converted a push bike to electric… what amazed me was that (at the time) you could buy an E pushbike for X amount, but if you converted it yourself - you could put all the good stuff in (much superior) for the same amount of X dollars…

the highlight was when i overheard an ebike salesman spewing his lines (for which i knew more than he did)… he said, “you can go up to 70km on one battery charge”… i thought - “not with that battery you cant, oh you mean if you peddle, heck, i can go 500km if i peddle… besides, what is the weight of the rider?? a five y/o??”

i must admit, i didn’t say anything but i found it hugely amusing :slight_smile:
so i think you have the right idea of asking questions - regrettably, your and mine questions are probably in the forum numerous times, just that i am really pressed for time at the moment (due to christmas)

hope ya find what ya looking for…

hey mate, i think i just worked out what the problem is - there doesn’t seem to be a community here…
look at the replies on the right hand side - seems to be a max of 3 with a lot being zero…

i am off to look for a different forum - nice meeting you (i am still subscribed to this thread)