Diode on main contactor

Larry,

The motor and controller I have is from Navitas ( TAC 1.0) I hope to have it in and working this week. Will have more info in a couple of Days. I picked the Navitas because I have seen them on some golf cart stretch conversions locally and test driving them they seemed to work pretty good.

I’m on the fence with batteries. I like the idea of Lithium and what I have read about here on the Forum. However one of my neighbors put some Lithium batteries in one of his golf carts a couple of years ago and then got afraid of them and stopped using it and pulled the system out and went back to lead acid… He works for Porsche, drives a Nissan Leaf back and forth to work (because it is cheap and he can plug ii in at work). Occasionally he has a company Tesla sitting in his driveway and works on what Porsche has coming down the line with electrics. Also in the neighborhood a house went up in smoke from a golf cart charger fire… I do have a buddy who really likes his Chevy volt…

".99 for 10 ", beats Amazon at one for 8 bucks from a golf cart dealer…

1 Like

Look into lifepo4 batteries for safety. I should have some for sale soon. Bench testing is done. Hope for a real world test in an ev soon.

A 4s battery makes a perfect 12v drop-in replacement. My test will use bottom balance and no bms.
Each 70ah 12v battery will be about $200.

Pictures is similar from my last shipment.

Your 4s battery looks interesting. What are the dimensions and weight? Lifepo4 is what my neighbor had. Found out the real issue was not the batteries per se but a DC to DC converter that got left on and drained them down too much.

Got my motor in. It doesn’t fit with out a bit of interference on the frame… Might have to do a little modifying . Need to work on the inputs next.

Thanks for pix, Hope it works as good as it looks. AC is the way to go given the present controller technology. ( Brushes are for shoe polish!!) You can fix the fit-up problem with a “fire wrench”!!

Brush guards go on the outside !! :man_farmer:

That’s the package I am looking at should I need a motor transplant.

Been looking at Lithium options - pretty sure I’m gonna need batteries. Looks to me like the Nissan Leaf battery pack is pretty easy to work with - just wonder what the collective opinion is on this site.

Any idea where to buy a complete pack out of wreck? Not real popular around here!

Good progress - Zoom Zoom