Delta Q J1772 conversion

That looks really clean!

I’m in for the 98v delta q with j1772 whenever you get around to that project. Need the 120 adapter as well.

That profile 177 for 24 cell cars.
Dave loaded both those programs in my Delta Q’s

I have 1 more board and dc-12vdc to make another one.
Haven’t decided if I want to keep all the parts here or not. Would you want an off-board DQ charger modified with J1772 input socket?
DCI model Delta-Q?
Grant also has the adaptor box. J1772 in and IEC plug out. Used to connect the onboard charger.

Yes, dci Charger. I ordered a new one from you about 6 months ago so really don’t need a new one, just like that 240 charge option. Can I just add charge port and adapter to my current on board unit?

Yes, like Grant’s picture.

I can do a kit. J1772 input socket, 14awg IEC female cord, and 12v comms. control board.
Quite a bit of work to put it together, but either way is fine.

Wired like this. Box and euro terminal strip optional.

Yes, I would like a kit with both box and connection strip. Then I would just wire into the existing dci Charger? How much would you want for that? I would also need the 110v adapter for standard outlets. Will my existing charger work with the 220v available at the public chargers with just this adapter setup? Also same charger function at home with standard plug in 15a circuits?

Yes, DQ will work on 120v or 240v.
DQ is a slow charger either way. 1200w I believe
The J1772 connected to 240v should be able to power two DQ, but there may be an issue if tried on 120v. Wire, breaker size etc.

You can build it yourself? It’s only the connections shown and drilling etc.
I’ll have to make a list and get prices.

Not sure what you mean by build it yourself. I can drill, mount and complete the mechanical functions with no problems. I’m not very good at electrical stuff but should be perfectly capable of taking the cover off the charger and changing one power supply cable for another. Beyond that may be stretching and as far as electrical theory and design, I leave that to you experts. keeping things simple with a complete set up and kit where I don’t have to go to the electronic supply house to get something I don’t understand or know enough about to ask intelligent questions would be very helpful to me. Thank you for all of your help so far in my project, I greatly appreciate your expertise in these issues.

No changes to charger with this one.

You will simply have to mount the Charge port on the Gem. And then connect the pig tail. (The 3 prong connecter that go’s into the delta Q) and your good to go.

If you get one of Dave’s J1772 plugs that works on a 110 or 220 plug you can charge from any outlet.

It’s like clockwork. Every 6 months or so I have to give Dave more of my money for all his wonderful new toys.

1 Like

I love new toys. Payment sent to Dave again. It’s all good though!

1 Like

You guys have NO idea. LOL

1 Like

Somthing new to share with you soon thanks to Dave

You guys have NO idea. LOL

My 1772 conversion arrived today. Thank you David. I think I still need the adapter that will allow me to charge through that port with my standard 110/120v outlet. I believe it was item D. Thanks again :grinning:

Do you have a link to item letters? “D” ?
To charge with an ac 120v outlet, you charge with the original cord direct to charger.
To charge thru the J1772 port on 120v a J1772 home charger is needed.

These two items work together.
$250