Dash compartment lid

2005 E2…the lid on the top of dash compartment keeps popping open. Looks like the lid has a small rim that catches under a small “knob” on the bottom. Anybody have a fix for this,

Find a choice spot to stick down a magnet?

Glue, wood screws, epoxy, a road flare and bullets?

@JarJarJava - You forgot or moving away from the sticks form grape popsicles?

Thanks……double bubble it is

1 Like

I did the magnet thing myself. Works. (Also replaced the lock with a USB charger, so wires in picture).
IMG_4583
IMG_4580

Excellent…thanks for sharing

Did you use cabinet door magnets

These, but I cut one in half with a grinder. One half you can see and the the half is glued inside the lid. You could use two full ones as well. The door still opens and shuts normally, but my hinge has some play in it. I am unsure if a stiffer/better hinge would still give enough clearance. It might, just unsure.

Thanks…much appreciated

1 Like

Magnets… how do they work?

I like the USB charger idea, but how do you lock it. I keep my reg and insurance papers in mine so I like being able to lock it. I think I’ll add a USB port to mine, but install it just to the right of the lock. Great idea!!!

Yeah, the lock was broken, so easy choice for me. :upside_down_face:

I ordered the exact magnets recommended. Do not use the enclosed double stick tape. It’s has no holding ability. I used a heavy duty double stick. Also the original answer epoxied to the little closure bump…I sort of looked at that placement and wasn’t sure the lid woukd close without scraping so stuck mine to the side of the bump. Lo and behold the magnets ended up not being close enough to really attach so just stuck a third in there and works perfect. Be aware of polarity

Sorry…used full magnet…didn’t cut in half