Convince a poor man

Hello AV1(everyone)
This EV project is very interesting to a poor man and fun for a rich man. Other than it’s cool and quiet, someone pursuade me, give me a reason to start on converting please.

Unfortunately there is no reason as of now. EV is like solar or any renewable energy, it is a luxury. Until a battery break through is made, EV’s will remain a novelty.

Now with that said the battery break through IMO is only a few years out and lies with Lithium Ion. What is needed is a battery with a density of 200 wh/kg or more, 3000 recharge cycles with no more than 80% capacity degrations, and 20C charge and discharge rates. Once you get that you can build a EV with all the Bells and Whistles, 400 mile range, and 100 mph cruise speeds with race car acceleration.

There is one EV that has most of this called the Telsa Roadster. It has all the above with the exception of 200 mile range, and batteries that have to be replaced evey couple of years at $10K a pop.

You could start with a small project like a motorcycle or a scooter. Once you experience the joy of driving it and never filling up a gas tank, then you can use the money you save on gas to upgrade your ride!

[QUOTE=KAE;6678]You could start with a small project like a motorcycle or a scooter. Once you experience the joy of driving it and never filling up a gas tank, then you can use the money you save on gas to upgrade your ride![/QUOTE]

I agree! Better drive, lesser expenses! But one problem would be the disposal of batteries. And even if the batteries used will be rechargeable, there only a limited number of piblic charging stations.

Build your self an e-bike. get on more forums such as endless-sphere or golden-motor. or e-bike.ca, bicycle-power.com. I spent about $600 on a front wheel kit and LiFePro battery. I use it to commute to work, groceries/wine, and just fun.

LiFePO4 batteries are non-toxic and recyclable :smiley: I have them in stock on my website for immediate shipment, http://www.kennedyalternativeenergy.com if anyone is interested!! These are high discharge rate Headway 38120s with continous discharge of 10C and max pulse of 15C!

Look up +EV. A poker term, but it applies to these cars as well. EV cars are +EV!

Yeah! We are getting better drive at less expense.