COMPLETE list of GEM error CODES

More than likely, the motor speed sensor is bad, or the associated wiring has lost continuity. The speed sensor and its magnet are both Club Car Precedent parts and can be ordered from any golf car dealer. For the sensor order 1022656-01 and for the magnet order 1022657-01. Be sure that your charger is set for the actual battery type you are using.

Daniel

Thanks for the listing. This will save me a lot of wasted time.

Sorry if iā€™m posting this in the wrong area. Had trouble finding the right area. This is my gem issue. I have a code -51. This is the history. Last fall I got 3/6 batteries new prior three where 2 years old. I kept up on charging them all winter. One battery really would take much charge of the 3 that was 2 years old. I took it out and it didnā€™t have any pep. I assumed that that one battery was just bad so today I bought a new one for that poor battery. I installed it and now iā€™m getting a -51 code and it wont do anything. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Are you sure the -51 error came up immediately after replacing the battery? If so, check to be sure the battery is not connected backwards. Ignore the colors of the wires and confirm that the string of battery connections goes Ā±Ā±Ā±Ā±Ā± .

Daniel

Doubled checked itā€¦is correctā€¦I checked all the fuses and they are goodā€¦volt metered the connection that is to the right of the solenoid on the right that has a fuse able link on it and it tested 72 voltsā€¦Sometimes 73ā€¦What should I check next?

Be sure that 72 volts is actually reaching your controller. Otherwise, substitute another like motor controller or have your controller tested.

Daniel

Check the motor speed sensor. I assume you are sing the yellow Delta-Q charger in this GEM. Did you change the chargerā€™s setting when the batteries were replaced with a different type. GEL, AGM, and flooded all use different settings.

Daniel

Passed 24,000 hits on this thread tonight! Glad this information has helped a lot of people. Thanks to those who have helped me add new codes to this list.

Daniel

Thank you Daniel for sharing all your knowledge.

I am working on a 2002 e825. I knew I was getting into a project when I bought it, since it did not work. I have had controller rebuilt by ride 4 fun and the charger upgraded and repaired by electric conversions. I installed both units yesterday and still have same problem.

When I turn on the main switch the BDI comes up with a 4 numbers like 9459 or something similar, then the display turns off and thats it. Looking at the service manual it says to check for voltage on pin 2 of controller plug. What is the voltage suppose to be? I read above where you said to check fuses. Is there a fuse for the BDI that I need to check and if so where would it be?
I also have the same problem that is stated earlier in this thread that I get a buzzing sound when I put switch in road mode, no noise in turf. The buzz is coming from a round looking relay above the dc to dc convertor. Thanks in advance

O h yeah I forgot to mention the contactor is not operating either. This cart is the devil!!

What is motor controller?

Not a problem I have seen before. Be sure all of the wiring connections are correct and tight. What is your battery voltage? Check the DC convertor to see that you have 12 volts at the fuses.

Daniel

[I][B]06[/B] accelerator pedal closed safety lock out release pedal before
selecting fwd or rev[/I]

What exactly does that mean? ā€¦ Thanks for you help, Dan

What does the intermittent alarm mean that I get when I plug in the Zivan charger?

The -06 error indicates throttle was not released before selecting forward or reverse. This is to prevent vehicle runaway in the event of stuck switches, incorrect wiring, or a stuck throttle. The -11 code is similar in that it prevents vehicle runaway in the event the throttle is stuck or when the parking brake is left on. The most common example of these codes is when the floor mat gets stuck under the throttle.

Daniel

Please describe the intermittent alarm. What colors are displayed and what sound is there? What brand charger do you have?

Daniel

Hi GEMmechanic. I have ā€˜Error23ā€™ coming up and my Citroen Evie is just creeping along. Please, would you have any idea where I should look for the master switch so I can try and reset the controller? Many thanks!

I am not familiar with this vehicle.

Google found this. No help on reset.

Vehicle 2009 Citroen C1 Evā€™ie
This is my Citroen C1 Evā€™ie
Motor AC-50 3-Phase AC
Unknown Motor brand - but it is rated at 30kw
Drivetrain 30kw AC Motor
Controller Curtis 1238r
Curtis AC controller upto 650 amp but limited to 320 amps.
Batteries 25, 3.30 Volt, Lithium-Ion
Thundersky Lithium-Ion Battery 25 cells & 160ah which give
13.2kwh of stored energy
System Voltage 83 Volts
Charger Zivan NG3
Zivan NG3 charger set for 96 volts and 18 amp output. The car
has got a custom BMS that monitors and keeps the battery pack
balanced and controls the charger.
Heater Electric heater heats a small fluid reservoir and this in turn uses the
existing heat exchanger. The heater draws 35 amps from the main battery pack ( 2.8 kw )
DC/DC Converter
HWZ1 13.6 volt 25 amp max
Top Speed 65 MPH (104 KPH)
The top speed is limited by the controller.
Acceleration The car if fairly quick in getting from 0 - 30 mph and then slowly
makes it way up to 60. I have had it at 65 mph.
Range 60 Miles (96 Kilometers)
It has a maximum range of 60 miles. When the car gets to 25%
soc it limits the speed to 30mph. I have found this to be a realistic
number for the range of the car.
EV Miles
Start: 6,514 Miles (10,481 Kilometers)
Current: 13,320 Miles (21,431 Kilometers)
Total: 6,806 Miles (10,950 Kilometers)
Seating Capacity It will seat 4 adults in comfort.
Curb Weight 1,900 Pounds (863 Kilograms)
The curb weight of the vehicle is under 900kg

if you cannot find the switch just disconnect one of the battery cables.