Combine GEM threads?

The community appears to be relatively small and I find more people on the e2 thread. I also have to go back and forth between them with duplicate posts.

Why not combine them in one gem thread? It may result in more traffic too.

I monitor threads on the main NEV forum. Almost all of these cover the GEM. Then there is the GEM specific forum. Then there are the forums for each type of GEM. It takes time to check them all and I do occasionally miss a few. I can move or remove off topic threads. I believe the intent of sub forums such as GEM e2 and GEM e4 are to discuss issues unique to those types. To maintain such organization, I would need to be moving threads most every day. Users sometimes get upset when their thread gets moved.

Daniel

[quote=GEMmechanic;21929]I monitor threads on the main NEV forum. Almost all of these cover the GEM. Then there is the GEM specific forum. Then there are the forums for each type of GEM. It takes time to check them all and I do occasionally miss a few. I can move or remove off topic threads. I believe the intent of sub forums such as GEM e2 and GEM e4 are to discuss issues unique to those types. To maintain such organization, I would need to be moving threads most every day. Users sometimes get upset when their thread gets moved.

Daniel[/quote]

I’m not sure I understand your point. I know the intent of the sub forums. I have been on many other forums and this one is dead. Takes days to get a response if ever on e4. E6 must be even worse.

The GEM sub threads see little to no traffic. It takes more time and clicks to go between them and most issues such as charging and maintenance is common to all.

If a forum is over run with traffic, then introduce the sub forums.

[quote=AV8;21933]I’m not sure I understand your point. I know the intent of the sub forums. I have been on many other forums and this one is dead. Takes days to get a response if ever on e4. E6 must be even worse.

The GEM sub threads see little to no traffic. It takes more time and clicks to go between them and most issues such as charging and maintenance is common to all.

If a forum is over run with traffic, then introduce the sub forums.[/quote]

Hey AV8,
I think I just realized something. you and I and perhaps others here have been posting in the specific sub forum per our model Gem when we don’t have to. I just realized that below the list of sub forums, is a general GEM form to post questions that would apply across the spectrum of all models. and the sub forum can be used for specific model issues.
anyway, posting there would solve the problem.:smiley:
Cheers,
John

Frankly what I do is just look at just the forums that show new messages AND the general forum under the subforums. I agree that a model-specific subforum doesn’t make much difference.

Al

[quote=ARandall;21950]Frankly what I do is just look at just the forums that show new messages AND the general forum under the subforums. I agree that a model-specific subforum doesn’t make much difference.

Al[/quote]

Frankly, I agree.

Agree, other than an extra pair or 2 of seats most posts apply to all versions.