Charging

i own a GEM E825,bought a new set of wet batteries last spring dind’t drive it all winter,and now when i plug it a red flashing light with beep comes on.Can somebody tell me what is the problem that i am having.

Your battery is either discharged or disconnected. It is important to exercise the battery every two weeks and cycle the charger. Batteries are not intended to sit idle for months, especially in cold weather. The charger will not revive a battery that is totaly discharged. However, you can charge each battery individualy with a charger of the same rated voltage. Most GEMs use six 12 volt batteries and can use a 12 volt automotive charger. If your GEM is a newer year with the nine 8 volt batteries, you can use a 24 volt truck charger (these are not expensive) and charge three batteries at a time. This will take hours to complete. Also remember to fill wet batteries with distilled water.

Daniel

Daniel is correct. Most likely your batteries are just extremely low in charge and the charger can not handle the low levels. You can try to charge up each battery seperately and they may be able to come back. There is a chance that they may not recover from sitting so long. Good luck!