Charging question

I have got a quickcharge 220v charger as listed. It has got 2 different settings for wet lead acid batteries.

F2= “Gas and shut off mode, charges battteries to 2.3v per cell where a timed gas cycle is initiated. The voltage is allowed to climb to a maximum of 2.55v per cell before shut off. If left connected to batteries, the charger will recycle if the voltage drops below 2.01v per cell. Ideal for deep cycle wet batteries. (In this mode the type of gassing cyle, and the recycle time are programmable.)”

F3= “Gas and float mode, charges batteries to 2.3v per cell where a timed gas cycle is initiated. The voltage is allowed to climb to a maximum of 2.55v per cell before dropping into a low float mode of 2.26v per cell. Ideal for wet deep cycle batteries where a continuous maintenance charge is desirable. (In this mode the type of gassing cycle is programmable.)”

Gassing cycle= “Can be set to a fixed three hour cycle or a proportional to the cycle itself. The proportioned cycle is based on the time it takes the batteries to reach 2.3v per cell known as the gassing threshold. For example, if it takes four hours to reach the threshold, the gassing cycle will be two hours or 50% of that time.”

Ok here is the questions:

1. Should I be using F2 where it goes through its cycle and shuts off or should I be using F3 where it goes through cycle and then goes into float mode.

2. I have two choices for the gassing cycle. Should I be doing a standard 3 hours or doing it proportional. I usually charge my pack at about 50%DOD.

Thanks in advance,