Brokers Disagree With Elon Musk

It seems that Elon Musk believes Tesla could be profitable next year:-

Tesla Motors Inc Could Be Profitable Next Year: Elon Musk

although brokers covering the company have differing opinions. There is concern that the company may struggle to hit sales targets for the Model X:-

Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) Share Price Drops On Model X SUV Price, Lower Sales Forecast

Can Tesla downshift from $130,000 SUVs to mass market electric cars? | Technology | The Guardian

Elon Musk’s Tesla (TSLA) Gets Dinged Again on Model X Concerns - TheStreet

Elon Musk usually delivers what he promises but why are analysts so negative?

Dont underestimate Elon :slight_smile:

Dunno - reality may be catching up. You cant keep selling at a loss and make a profit.

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

whats the story now? im pretty sure tesla is running profitably with over a 22 billion dollar market cap

I think Tesla will eventually make good money but may need further financing in the short term. All of the foundations are there for a great company - I think I recently heard Elon Musk suggesting the company would need to raise funds in the short to medium term.

i would be surprised if they need another financing run. if you check out their balance sheet they have an extremely healthy amount of cash and cash equivalents in their current assets. where did you hear about this financing run? ive been considering buying more shares but now youve peaked my curiousity