Breaking down a Chevy Volt Battery cell by cell

I know that there has been some discussion about breaking down a chevy volt battery cell by cell, but I have never seen anything like this recent posted youtube video by "Janky Shack " He has extracted 13 cells , thrown away the plastic frames and the cooling wafers , repackaged the 13 cells into a much smaller package. The new package only weighs 10 lbs. ( instead of over 40lbs). My first thought is the danger of overheating.
What are the thoughts of the “Sages” on this board?

Make sure you also watch his 2 other videos posted on this topic…tk

First thoughts. Did not watch them all.
Ok for ebike, but there is more to building a battery than taping the cells together.
No way there is 30lb of extra plastic. The best thing about the volt modules is the package.
Pouches need containment, cant be left loose.
Heat shouldn’t be an issue.

Inwo…Good feed back… Have a look at how he breaks down the cells with an exacto knife. He’s eliminating a lot more than just plastic, I am going to follow this experiment closely, if it works, I’ll use one of my extra batteries to build an e bike. Downside , if this works ,Chevy Volt batteries just became more valuable. The E bike “build community” is huge. If experiment doesn’t work…someone’s going to end up with hot crotch buns, or a cheap vasectomy. tk