Brakes again.. help

I’m pulling my hair out on my car… I started out with the emergency brake handle inside the car being hard to release and the rear brakes were hanging up also the brake peddle had no play… this problem was solved both the handle moves and the rear brake cables are sliding easily… at that time I had a rear wheel cylinder that was leaking… both were changed… the play came back into the peddle… shortly after the left front brake began to hang up… we changed the the master cylinder… lines and calipers… after this the brake peddle had play again… this was all done about the middle of last month… over the last week my peddle has lost the play again… yesterday I drove only 10 miles before I ran out of battery… the car after about 3 miles the car would not coast going down hill as it always does… today after 2 miles to the mechanic the car used two bars… normally I can go 4 miles before using one bar… they say the left rear drum is where the hang up is… as it was hotter than the right… the cable seems to be loose and not the problem but they are stumped and so I’m asking you for help and ideas

Bob

The parking brake lever in side the brake drums will often seize up, causing that wheel to stick. Take a part the brake assembly and free the pivot point in the lever and then coat it with anti-seize. This is a very common problem.

Daniel

thanks again Dennis… we did what you suggested and also found that when we bled the brake the wheel turned freely but driving it a little and the problem returned and the wheel would not turn freely… the re-bleed again and the same so we bled the break line and the problem seems to be solved… maybe some dirt or something that was causing the constriction… on the was home the car will roll forever… litterly… I was able to coast for 6 blocks and had to apply the brakes to stop at a stop or probably could have gone another few…

Bob

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;12180]The parking brake lever in side the brake drums will often seize up, causing that wheel to stick. Take a part the brake assembly and free the pivot point in the lever and then coat it with anti-seize. This is a very common problem.

Daniel[/QUOTE]