2002 e825 4seat sticky brake pedal

Im having a problem with my brake pedal not coming back enough to turn brake lights off. Even after bleeding brakes, and filling master to full line.
Good pressure, but seems to click almost at the top travel when i pull it up with my foot to get lights to go off.
Im such a rookie…please help
Thank you to all those still helping us here.

Some have solved this problem by pulling the brake pivot pin, cleaning it up a bit, then putting it back together with a bit of lube.

Gem solved the problem in later years by adding a spring. Here is a thread where it was discussed with plenty of pretty pictures and diagrams.

1 Like

Thank you so much for responding.
My Wife, and i are grateful. I am a complete novice, without a service manual, or pics. I will seek out pivot pin, and carefully hope to lube it. Do brakes need to be bled again afterwards ?
Again, thank you so much.

No need to bleed brakes. This does not involve the wet part of the brake system.

Click on the link I posted above^^^. It takes you to a previous discussion that includes pictures, exploded diagrams, and all sorts of mayhem that shows what you are in for.

Or- just hook a bungee cord up in there and you will be all done.

Your choice.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Yes, for me, attempted disassembly of the brake system would be bad. I tried squirting some wd40 on both sides of pivot bolt…seems to have fixed it. Excellent
brake pedal pressure, but still hard clicking if i try and pull up completely.

Give the plunger of the brake light switch a little shot of wd40 too. It gets a little sticky.

1 Like