Bms for lithium

Probably best just shipping from Bellingham Washington. Only 20 miles from me.( Langley BC) I can pack them up on a pallet and drive across US border with my pickup. There are LTL shipping companies that have their own dock / forklift facilities. Can you work out an offer for the 3 - 12s 2018 modules. If you are worried about their ability to recover, make me a 2 tier offer. First if they recoverable, second offer, if they don’t. I will wait to get paid within a few weeks of you receiving them.
On the 2017 3 modules of 16s , i’d like to get paid before shipping…tk

Grant has a thread on using 3 16s modules in a gem.
110ah 88volts makes a high performance gem pack.
On a budget? Buy one 16s and pick up a 6s on eBay for 22s total. Works great.
My harness works with both gen1 and gen2.

Thanks again… The BMS /charger that i was asking you whether i should trust, is the before mentioned…Chargery C4012b, i only used the charge mode a few times and very briefly, Can I trust it just to do the balancing?
For my new 4 module 12s ,I was either thinking of you making up a 4 string harness, or could i use the 3 string harness, i already have ,and balance each module one at a time with the C4012b? tk

As long as you disconnect charger when finished it may be ok.
I recommend a high current active balancer for balance only.

Similar to this but 12s.

I can configure for 4 x gen2 modules, but not test it. You would need to double check voltages .

I sure wished I found this forum and yourself… 4 months ago. Thanks, again.
Okay running total… I now have 3- 12 s 2018 Volt battery modules I can’t use, and now I have a $550 Chargery BMS Chargery C4012b, I can’t use, and Kelvin from Ontario( aka the" expert") that won’t give me a refund… The running total of $3200 , but its only Canadian dollars ,Aay, like Monopoly money these days ……lol Note to self… Research,research,research and check out the purported “experts”

Any ideas on what I should do with my C4012b? Sell on Ebay?

Its a good charger, just not for a bms. I’m biting my tongue when I say that…
I spent a couple months beta testing and working on early release 4012s. All but one went back to China, took a large financial hit.
Supposedly, they don’t blow up any more. The main problem is slow balance charging and draining cells if left connected.
On the other hand bms24 and C10325 work well for 12s.
Ebay should work. I don’t think the other USA Chargery seller sells them either.
Jason (Chargery) told me they work great now, and he sells a bunch in USA.

If you can’t find a buyer, someone on here or myself might buy it. I’m a complete low-baller, as I have too much “stuff” now. :slight_smile:

Maybe trade for a 16s active balance and harness for 4 Volt modules?
I’ll look for a picture.

I know, for the most part this is a Gem forum, though my purpose is Solar, Yes a lot of what i have learnt is very helpful, but my purpose is much easier on batteries. There are a lot of posters here that don’t even bother with a BMS. I am going to give it a try without. I plan to cycle the 4-12s modules between, 3.5 and 4.06 per cell, Keeping it easy on the batteries. The Victron charge controller will regulate that. I’ll monitor the cells closely at first , and if i have to , use a small RC charger to top up the odd cell if required. My cabin is used on average,about 1 week per month ( 25%) of the time, so the cycling is maybe 4-5 times per month., again way less than the average Gem. 1 more question…Is the only reason,Kelvin jumped those Gen 2 battery fuses because of the high output of the Chargery Charger. If so ,couldn’t you just turn down the amperage output on the Chargery and not toy with the fuses? tk

No way to turn down balance current on Chargery.
A 12s smart bms is < $100 and balance current will not blow fuses.
You really need a way to monitor cells. At a minimum parallel them. Keeping track of 48 cells get tedious in short order. After they are connected in parallel only 12 to track.

Sounds like good advice… Thanks again. Will be in touch…tk

If I get time I can build you a Bluetooth 12s bms to monitor and balance 4 parallel modules.
Plug and play. Need android device. I might have an extra new tablet too.
Possible trade for batteries or charger.

just saw your post ,sounds incredibly interesting. my phone is android and also keep a small android tablet at,the cabin. What would be cost without a trade?

Smart bms is $100
BT module $20
Harness is $70
$100 to configure and test. Nothing you couldn’t do yourself.
Plug in harness and move jst pins one at a time to the bms, according to voltage/cell number.
Power wires are not needed for balancing and cell monitoring.

I take that back. :frowning:
I can’t test on Gen2 modules.