A thread for em1400’s

@JarJarJava can you get me some dimensions from your brake pads if you still happen to have them laying around?

We still don’t know what would happen above 60v

It might only shut off and start working again when main battery gets discharged.
If that’s the case, aux battery won’t be charged if the main battery is fully charged

@Derrick

Front or rear? Rears are the ones I’m having trouble finding, seem to be OOS everywhere.

I need both and was going to start trying to source something reasonably priced. Did you find some that fits the front? And possibly rotor diameter.

The em1400 doesn’t have an auxiliary battery. I haven’t really figured out what’s going on with the over voltage but my guess is it’s the dc converter that’s shutting down and not the BMS, my over voltage protection time delay is set at 30 seconds I believe and it certainly doesn’t take anywhere near that long to stop. As of right now my charger is still set for the factory gel batteries. I’m thinking that if I change to a 15s setup, the voltage spike from regen won’t be as high and will hopefully keep everything happy.

Sorry no experience with em 1400s
You can try with a 80v dc dc converter, I’ll have to check the data sheet to see how low it will go because it can cause problems (shut off) when battery is at low SOC

I don’t remember exactly what the low cutoff is but it’s too high for a 15s and I think even 16s, I think it’s something like 56 or 58 volts. Edit: the 72v converter has a minimum voltage of 58v.

Sure. Later tonight or tomorrow I’ll get you the digits.

I did ok on fleabay for once. HD front pads, front rotors, rear rotors, all new OEM. For like 40% of list price.

Can’t even buy the rear pads for MSRP if I wanted to.

Chit… Do you have a 2014 or a late 2015+? Brakes changed in late 14 early 15. I have a mid-late 15 it has the new design

Thanks. I’ve got a 2017. I’m going to try and get in touch with a company called caltric, I’ve bought a bunch of stuff from them and been happy with everything. They sell brake pads for ~$10 a pair and have free shipping. Can’t beat that!!!

Cool. Your eM has the same brakes I do. OEM numbers once I get home

No personal experience with caltric.

@Derrick

Front parts:
Brake Pad Kit Assembly, 1.5 in, Part 2202413 Replaces 1910672,2202097,1910514 [INCL. 4 BRAKE PADS]
Heavy Duty Brake Pad, [OPTIONAL] [SINGLE/One wheel] #2208934
Front disc brake [SINGLE] #5244314

Rear Parts:
Brake Pad Kit, Part 1913585 Replaces 1912202 [2 REQUIRED PER CALIPER]
Rear Brake Disc 8.625 in., Part 5248250

Anyone know what F46004 fault code means? I get it intermittently on power up. I checked the list of Taylor Dunn/Polaris list and it’s not on it.

Possibly “Analog on with no failsafe” according to this list:

No idea WTF that means though.

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/4832014/Tech.%20Knowledge%20Base/Smart%20View%20Faults/Smartview%20fault%20codes.pdf

Here’s a second list with more info, but still a bit vague on the 46004.
German URL, but english document.

https://www.boostech.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Fehlercodes_Liste.pdf

I did a thing yesterday, she’s a little overloaded but it worked well. I just have to figure out why the trailer lights weren’t working probably, not sure if it’s the pigtail adapter I made or if something’s wrong with the trailer wires.

If you have LED lights in your trailer make sure you are running the correct polarity?

Any em1400 owners have issues with the front brakes squealing/grinding? I’ve had them apart multiple times and can’t get it to stop. The problem is the drag reduction springs making contact with the rotors, it seems like the rotor diameter is a little too big. I’m debating on whether to remove those springs or take the bench grinder to the rotors to take down the diameter a little bit.