9 volts out of DC to DC converter

Ok I cant retrace my steps to get me where I am right now BUT I have 12+ at the DC converter output. The headlight harness (where the headlights plug into the headlights) I’m showing 11.47 volts that seems kind of low)as soon As I plug in a LED headlight the voltage drops to 8+ volts??? It’s like the DC converter can’t or will output like it’s supposed to? Any clues here is where I’m testing headlight voltage from

Voltage :

What’s strange is I disconnected the Turn signals from the harness and now I’m getting a very week Dash Headlight display that I never had b4

That’s one heck of a meter you have there! :clap2:

Check the current when lights are plugged in.

I have 13.23 Volts at the converter accessory. But I only have 11.34 volts at the headlights so I’m losing voltage between the converters output and the headlight connection

I’m guessing the next step would be to trace the headlight connection wires back to where they touch the DC converter

Yes and no, check the current. Voltage drop might be normal with high current load.
You do know that the 38389 meter is a clamp on DC amp meter?
At least that’s what google told me!

I have 12.63 Volts at the Fuse Block for the headlights and 11.45 Volts at the Headlight connection.
I still have over 13 volts comming out of the DC converter for the accessory

Yes I can check the current. but this kind of voltage drop seems abnormal it’s like a bad connection or something else because the LED headlights that I’m running should not draw that much current I’m thinking 5 to 10 amps

10 amps is a lot of current, but maybe it’s more than you think if somethings wrong.
Wire or connection will get warm if a problem.
Is it all working now?

The DC converter is set up to push 30 Amps. I was over stating the current draw on the LED headlights when I looked up the actual lights it says they draw 1.38 Amps each so that’s like 4 Amps total. Well under the converters load

If nothing is drawing too much.

Ok More Strange-Ness!
Ok With the lights Un Plugged I have 13+ Volts up at the Headlight connection. As soon as I plug in the lights it drops to 8:35 volts. And the LED headlights are not that bright. But the DC converter is showing 13+ Volts at The acessories output

Not strange at all. Please check the current.
No current = no voltage drop.
High current = big voltage drop.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Check pm for MM info.

More Strange-ness now when ever you turn the lights on The Headlight Dash indicator and windshield wiper indicator on the dash are NOW both lit this has never happend b4

The amp draw was only 1.9 Amps

Clean the light ground connection. Try a jumper from the frame to the headlight ground (black) wire.

You have a large voltage drop with a couple amps. That is strange.

Do you have 12v on pin 9+10 without key on?

Rodney GOT IT. I did a jumper from the Headlight ground to the frame. Where does the Headlight ground originate. ???

Follow the black wire. On older carts some of the grounds are bolted to the chassis in the gap between the charger and DC converter. Just tighten any fastener that is connecting a black wire to the chassis. Also might be one in the master cylinder area.