23 pin connector re-pin for spoof etc

I would be glad to test it for you, but I’m quite certain that the batteries a breaking the connection internally.

I believe that if you run batteries down, each one will charge to a 15.1v level as displayed on charger.
It will be helpful to know the voltage at battery terminals when charger finishes cycle.
Also, what voltage are you using when in power supply mode?
Do you trust your meter?
The 15.1 volts seems a logical end point.

Try setting voltage a couple volts higher than needed to make up for possible battery internal resistance.
It won’t hurt. Batteries are protected internally. (from the manual)

I believe this charger is faulty. I used two different voltage gauges and both read the same thing. I would like to return it for a refund.

Sure that’s fine.
Dave

I’m only sorry you were not able to answer my questions, so we could find your problem.:wink:

What were the questions I didn’t answer? I tried everything you suggested.

First of all, I can refund with return of charger, no problem.
Second, yes you did what I asked, but I’m not there, I need to know the results of each specific test to know what is happening.

Until now, I didn’t know you had a meter. I still don’t know what type it is.

Connection break came on a few times, is not the least helpful.
I needed that information when you first tried.

I need to know what mode and settings, where and how connections are made to battery.
What size and how long the leads are.
Exactly the point voltmeter is reading voltage at battery.
When voltage is measured. During a 10 (or 5) amp charge cycle? After charge cycle?

There are two possibilities other than bad charger. Which is very unlikely.

The voltage drop in the leads and internal battery resistance might be fooling the charger.
In that case set the voltage higher to compensate.

The charger and your meter may not agree. The charger should read high while charging. It is pushing current through a small hose. That’s normal. It’s smart enough to adjust.

The other is that the charger is mis-calibrated. Also not a problem. Set the charger higher to compensate.
The charger can then be replaced once I know the issue.

As I don’t suspect a bad charger, I’m quite sure you don’t want to think it’s a battery issue.

The normal way a bms protected battery works is to “break connection”.
If this is what happens. Battery is full and will not take more charge. Charger will either finish charge cycle
(0-amps) or display connection break.

After charging all batteries to a high voltage, say a 16 or 17v setting, are they all the same. 13.4 volts?
What level are they after charging with other charger?

I have been using DuoChargers on my other GEM without any problem once I got the batteries balanced. This charger will not even let me get that far.

Ampseal video.