2020 GEM e6 key not turning

hi. I have a 2020 e6 in which the key will not turn inside the ignition cylinder. The tires are turned to the left and the steering wheel is locked with the key out. Once I put the key back in, the key will not turn even when I ‘wiggle’ the steering wheel back and forth, or more to the left or more to the right…I even tilted the steering column to see if it had any effect on letting me turn the key…NO effect. I even used my ‘spare’ key to see if the old key is worn, but still to luck. it’s almost as if I’m using another GEM key in the ignition cylinder (which I am certain I’m using the correct key) where the key will not budge/turn. I would truly appreciate any suggestions? I’m almost to the point where I’m about to disassemble the steering column to get to the key cylinder to see what is going on in there.
PAUL

If you are 100% positive you’re using the right key

Then you might have a faulty key switch. Talk to Oscar at gem of miami he has some replacement in stock,

Replacing it isn’t hard, you’ll need a security torx bit

@djgabriel2004

I suppose it might be possible the pin/linkage/mechanicals are out of harmony.
As long as you are sure the steering wheel is unloaded before you turn the key then it sounds like some disassembly and inspection is in your future.

Or drill it, i did it once and works with any key :rofl:

1 Like