2016 35Mph Transmission

Does R$F actually make anything?
“Super Charger” : Rebadged QuickCharge SCO-7210
Motors: Rebadged D&D Systems
Gears: Dana-Schaefer
Rims: not them
etc…
Their business address is a private residence…

3 Likes

I think that’s Chim-Chim hiding in the trunk, tapping on the firewall.

i think that’s what we’re trying to figure out. Did they actually invest and make something? or are they just reselling the 2018-2019 polaris mount? My car isn’t too loud but if it could be quieter, I’d bite. I’m just not sure they have something that’s better and/or different than what I can get from Polaris.

1 Like

Here is a picture of the 2021 gem,

This is what I would like to compare against RFF quiet kit,

1 Like

Ive ordered the 2018 one because Bracket is different but we will see.

1 Like

Myn are Diffrent and I would say “Better Then”
The stock Polaris mount. If you notice my Transmission mount floats Between 2 rubber Bushings. So it’s Truly Isolated. No metal to metal contact!

jrjava That is a very good question that D&D and other should look into are they are not worried. As for the address i still have that with a very large number of people working . THE END I AM FINISHED ENJOY !!! GOING RIDE MY R4F ROCKET SHIP LOL

Nice to see they are selling RAGE QUIT kits. Buh-bye!

BTW, that wasn’t really a question.

You might be finished, but the rest of us want to know what it is! My bet is it’s just the Polaris part @djgabriel2004 just bought, with a r4f sticker and a $200 mark up. Similar to the D&D motor… But at least there you get controller programming and support included.

They write on their website “In 2019 the GEM car had engineering changes that remedied the drive train issue and 2019 and newer GEMS won’t have an increase in noise when increasing the speed.”. We know through the parts diagram that it was the isolation mount.

I’m at a loss on why someone would buy the r4f kit vs Polaris isolation mount?? And even that, why not just the rubber mounts that Polaris started using in 2020?Maybe R4F is better? Could be…hard to say without understanding the design differences.

@djgabriel2004 I’m confident will get to the bottom of this for us :grin:

@kartracer if you’re happy with your car and loving it like all of us, that’s all that matters. I’m happy you’re happy.

I’ve chosen 2018 because they look different and only the rubber bumpers weren’t available.

seems like bracket is a bit different tho, see the installation instructions, seems like the “old” one is the bracket that we have in our 2016’s and then the 2022’s. like @Erniea15 said.

Installation Instructions Here

This is more for fun but another thing Ive noticed is that 1/2 shaft can be removed without removing the wheel?

1 Like

When I get my gearbox back in a few days from RD (Rodney) I need to fill it with lub. What is the best to use that reduces noise a bit?

Why R$F quiet oil, of course…

Any 80w-90 should be fine iirc.

3 Likes

Thanks @JarJarJava , I thought I read somewhere to do 80/90 for part of it and 20% of some different weight, Plus it is hotter in Florida but maybe I am mistaken. @grantwest have you heard of this? I know you have played with all kinds of gearbox setup.

I think kart Racer is Bob Simon at Ride 4 Fun

1 Like

I had to go back to the top of this thread to figure out how we got to where we’re at. Given that it’s 3 years later, would be interesting to get the latest on the gear options for a 2016+

Sounds like it’s 12:1 or 9:1 for the gear swap, using the original gearcase. Legacy conversion is out, Rodney’s not doing them anymore.

For sound isolation

• Polaris kit - isolation mount (2018-2019)

• Polaris brushing (2020+)

• r4f quiet kit

• skateboard bushings

• believe Rodney is out of the isolation mount game.

Should probably tag @Old_Houseboater on this thread. Are you still selling the new 2016+ gearboxes without a core? What are the upgrade options these days?

2 Likes

And you know we could even make our own custom bushings out of urethane with different Durometer values instead of ~80 which was used by @rwillia4 for shock bushings. And this could be made half thickness if desired so that there’s less half-shaft deflection.

FYI, Rob made a 3D model of the shock bushing and then 3D printed it and from the physical model made a silicon mold( 4 cells ) and poured urethane into the mold and let cure.

1 Like

I was going with Carly Simon…

Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Baby, you’re the best…

We should make a new thread!

3 Likes

I can’t get cores. I have done 23 conversions on the 2016 up models.

After seeing what the quiet mount looks like I had to have one. @Old_Houseboater has my modified gearbox on the way back to me so I will have to wait till this Polaris kit comes in from their distribution center in South Dakota before I get to install. Thanks for the PDF @djgabriel2004 so I could see the setup. I think it will be worth it.